McLaren Life banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here and quite new to the 720s as well. My car has the track telemetry app builtin and it works quite well. Unfortunately, the PC based analysis application is not very sophisticated. Therefore, I want to use my AIM Solo 2 / Smartycam setup as well. But the standard OBD2 based connector of AIM does not find very useful information on the 720s OBD2 port. Looks like the CAN bus is quite restricted.

I searched Google and also this forum, and found quite confusing and contradictory information. Some say, that the ECU CAN bus is on PIN 1 and 9 of the OBD2 connector. According to other sources, the high speed CAN bus is only accesible at the developement connector behing the drivers seat.

Which is right? Is someone here, who already has succesfully installed an AIM SOLO in their 720s and connected it to the CAN bus and can give me the necessary information?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was unable to extract meaningful data from the OBD2 port so far, but I managed to extract all relevant data from the MTT file format and use that as input in other analysis software. You will find the details here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.