McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone successfully grabbed an aftermarket warranty that is not the offering from Mclaren?

Examples include: Fidelity, CarChex, Endurance, and others...

I have a Fidelity Platinum policy on my Audi R8, at just $3200 for a full 3yrs/36k. Different brand/model, of course, but considerably less than Audi's offering and good experience with claims. It makes me believe there's more aggressively priced warranties to be had for the 570S.

If no one on MclarenLife has explored these aftermarket warranties, I will start contacting each of the companies and post my findings.

_
Findings so far:

Top Tier policy (exclusion-based policies only)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Very interested to see what you find, especially if you read the policies in-depth. Interesting that your prices from Total Auto Protection are more than for my 12C - a more complicated car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I called Concord Auto Protect back in December, I was offered this:

Quote Price: $5,710.00 (Premium)
Term: 2 Years + 6 months + 40,000 Miles

I did not take it, as I am still under McLaren Qualified ESC, but they did say the period would start once my existing warranty would end if I wanted to buy ahead of time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I called Concord Auto Protect back in December, I was offered this:

Quote Price: $5,710.00 (Premium)
Term: 2 Years + 6 months + 40,000 Miles

I did not take it, as I am still under McLaren Qualified ESC, but they did say the period would start once my existing warranty would end if I wanted to buy ahead of time.
Thanks for the data point. I talked to Concord this morning and added them to the table in my original post. I'm sure there are other variables at play, but Concord's warranty does seem to have increased considerably since your quote.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the data point. I talked to Concord this morning and added them to the table in my original post. I'm sure there are other variables at play, but Concord's warranty does seem to have increased considerably since your quote.
I got the feeling that everything was negotiable with them. It started higher, then they added the 6 months and price went down some.

Would like to compare others, so thanks for pulling this data together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Appreciate you putting this together. That’s the biggest annoyance for a lot of folks, no 3rd party service/warranty.

I think the biggest evidence we need is for someone to have one of these warranties and try to open a claim. That’s when things get sideways with aftermarket warranties sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any more prices to share?
Just those two organizations for now. I suspect that if I spent enough time on the phone with the providers who specifically exclude McLaren from their online quotes, I could get more. My interaction with Total Auto Protection was confidence inspiring. They were familiar with the common problems with the 570S and their policy is rather comprehensive.

If anyone knows of another warranty company that covers the 570S, please post!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts