McLaren Life banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
Most (if not all) of the used 570's and 650's I am coming across don't seem to have the vehicle lift capability (1500 add-on I believe).

Is it possible to 'add' this vehicle-lift capability to older (2015-16) McLarens? If so - any idea on cost? Would it work the same way as factory spec?

Thx
ESR

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I bought a late '17 570GT. The duplicate/imitation
I was assuming that all the cars the dealers are selling are CPO, but that's not the case. With mine, it was part of the negotiation.
sticker
Hi Folks
Most (if not all) of the used 570's and 650's I am coming across don't seem to have the vehicle lift capability (1500 add-on I believe).

Is it possible to 'add' this vehicle-lift capability to older (2015-16) McLarens? If so - any idea on cost? Would it work the same way as factory spec?

Thx
ESR
Hi Folks

Thx
ESR
To answer your question, just call a dealer. But, FWIW, I would recommend not buying a car without it. I recently bought a 570GT, I have to use it almost every day, and I still brush an occasional curb. My car is a late '17, and when I ordered a copy of the window sticker, it showed the lift as standard equipment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ive added it to a 720 I cant see why you couldnt. A 570 would most likely be way cheaper to add lift vs a 650 because of suspension differences.

·
Owner
945 Posts
I bought a late '17 570GT. The duplicate/imitation

sticker

To answer your question, just call a dealer. But, FWIW, I would recommend not buying a car without it. I recently bought a 570GT, I have to use it almost every day, and I still brush an occasional curb. My car is a late '17, and when I ordered a copy of the window sticker, it showed the lift as standard equipment.
It is an option... at least on the 570S. $1530 on my sticker. I'm sure it could be fitted, but it might be cheaper to just find one with it.

Reactions: ESR

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't have a lift on my 570, and also live in the difficult hills of Los Angeles. It's fine. The occasional scrape will still happen even with a lift, because they often strike when you least expect it.

Also, the lift takes forrrreeever.

Reactions: ESR

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you looked at the 570gt? I think it was standard on GTs, and I personally use mine every single time I enter/leave my driveway. I also use it often outside of that - the occasional dirt/gravel road, when driving over big potholes/metal plates/city roads under construction, etc. IMHO with a front overhang as long as the 570, front lift is a must.

Also disagree that it takes too long - simple flick of a switch, goes fully up in 5 seconds, and you can do it at speeds up to 35mph or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts