McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Add me to the "do not want" list. Now perhaps if they were OEM size and made of carbon fiber...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I really like them. But Im a wimp and don't like anything nonstock for any of my cars. don't trust it being an engineering match.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The seats are standard P1 seats as far as I can see.

And yeah, especially with a car like the P1, honestly, why would you change the damn thing with "tuner"'s stuff?!?! If McLaren thought it would make sense to make the car more powerful or change something to improve aero or such, they will do so for all the owners to buy.

If you do not like the wheels, talk to McLaren and have them make custom ones, at least you know they will work fine with the car and do not cause issues anywhere.

I have yet to see a single "tuned" sports car, other than by official tuners of the company (like Brabus for Mercs) that actually does not cause an issue somewhere. Especially for cars like a McLaren, why the heck change the wheel size?! There is a REASON for why McLaren chose those wheels... and its not to be cheap or worse. Its to make the car a better ride and not cause issues.

Will never understand this... Sorry for the rant :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The seats are standard P1 seats as far as I can see.

And yeah, especially with a car like the P1, honestly, why would you change the damn thing with "tuner"'s stuff?!?! If McLaren thought it would make sense to make the car more powerful or change something to improve aero or such, they will do so for all the owners to buy.

If you do not like the wheels, talk to McLaren and have them make custom ones, at least you know they will work fine with the car and do not cause issues anywhere.

I have yet to see a single "tuned" sports car, other than by official tuners of the company (like Brabus for Mercs) that actually does not cause an issue somewhere. Especially for cars like a McLaren, why the heck change the wheel size?! There is a REASON for why McLaren chose those wheels... and its not to be cheap or worse. Its to make the car a better ride and not cause issues.

Will never understand this... Sorry for the rant :)
They will still keep developing the car like they did the 12c,one thing Frank mentioned was that he was going to see some CF wheels to see if they could be applicable to the P1,these may be added later if they can be made Mclarens standards.........

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Konissseegggeegggssg use carbon wheels, I'm not sure how they've engineered it though, I've spoke to engineers about carbon wheels but they claim that though the material is extremely hard and light, its also brittle, I'm curious to know the stresses of a wheel, konigs are hollow as well so they say iirc, Merry Christmas everyone

·
Registered
551 Posts
IMO this messes up the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts