McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an image of the attached being posted on Teamspeed.com.
Does anyone know who manufactures this aftermarket CF parts?:confused:

Attachments

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wonder how the double wing would work and look under heavy braking.... Wouldn't it look almost like you had an open rear hood? The design without rear wing though would not look balanced....

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I think some of these styling enhancements throw ultimate performance out the window in favor of looks. Wouldn't surprise me if they disable the air brake, but I can't be sure.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think some of these styling enhancements throw ultimate performance out the window in favor of looks. Wouldn't surprise me if they disable the air brake, but I can't be sure.

>8^)
ER
Thanks mate!
The rest of the styling enhancements are way over the top aggressive for me but I am beginning to like the Rear Diffuser which appear to protrude an inch further out to the back just like the MSO or HS version and it apparently also saves 30 KG because it's made of CFK, and adds aggressive GT Fins.:cool:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks mate!
The rest of the styling enhancements are way over the top aggressive for me but I am beginning to like the Rear Diffuser which appear to protrude an inch further out to the back just like the MSO or HS version and it apparently also saves 30 KG because it's made of CFK, and adds aggressive GT Fins.:cool:
RC33 have you seen the up and coming product from Vorsteiner, I was contemplating getting this simple, clean and what I consider the best looking kit out there. Then it was suggested that I should hold off until the final product was completed and ready for market, boy oh boy another 4 to 6 weeks. This recommendation came from some guys that have come to know me and my idiosyncrasies. Those guys at Pfaff Tuning are pretty observant and smart bunch of guys indeed. Plus I'm a firm believer in the adage do it once yet do it right. So one of Pfaff's clients has preordered this kit just like wheelb down in Fla. thus I will get to see this beautiful kit before making any rash decision, which would have gone against my beliefs. Cheers.....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365965854.642041.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365965874.512311.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
RC33 have you seen the up and coming product from Vorsteiner, I was contemplating getting this simple, clean and what I consider the best looking kit out there. Then it was suggested that I should hold off until the final product was completed and ready for market, boy oh boy another 4 to 6 weeks. This recommendation came from some guys that have come to know me and my idiosyncrasies. Those guys at Pfaff Tuning are pretty observant and smart bunch of guys indeed. Plus I'm a firm believer in the adage do it once yet do it right. So one of Pfaff's clients has preordered this kit just like wheelb down in Fla. thus I will get to see this beautiful kit before making any rash decision, which would have gone against my beliefs. Cheers.....??

View attachment 2515 View attachment 2516
Hi extremeride22,
Thanks for the heads up!
I have seen this posted earlier and I too like the P1 lookalike aerodynamic sleekness of the front and side profile:cool: that best exemplifies the cues of Mclaren's design:p but feel that the back is too 'heavy'.:(
I am concerned about the quality of the fit + finishing of the final product as well as the prohibitive costing as compared to MSO and HS offerings.:(
I will be looking out for further updates of the actual completions and staying tuned.:p
Cheers:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts