McLaren Life banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The average automotive brake pad sensor is <$15.
From Mclaren, they're $170/ea.

I could short the wires together and trick the system as done in this post, but I rather have sensors. Unfortunately, I can't just zip-tie them all out of the way, because one of the sensors has already been tripped (and thus the circuit was broken). So I either short it, or replace it.

Has anyone tried an aftermarket brake pad sensor with success?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
$170??? FFS! That's nearly as bad as the $50 plastic bolt cap I bought for the frunk. I was super careful with removing mine when I realized the pads didn't come with sensors.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
My pads are off the car and were places on the lift legs. The plug end of the sensor fell over and was hanging down. Lift was lowered and the plug tried to stop the lift from going down that extra inch. The plug lost. 😂

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
My pads are off the car and were places on the lift legs. The plug end of the sensor fell over and was hanging down. Lift was lowered and the plug tried to stop the lift from going down that extra inch. The plug lost. 😂
D'oh! Expensive mistake, it turns out. I've looked at several aftermarket pad websites, and I don't recall any that mention sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts