McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I'd like to get an idea of what others have experienced from McLaren proper after purchase.

Emails, real mail, phone calls?
Plenty Walt,but I guess it paid to be in at the start,not sure they can keep it up as the membership expands,but im hopefull :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Zip! Well, let me correct that, I have emailed customer care a couple of times, and get the canned response "I have passed this query onto XXX who will be able to assist you further." But nothing ever comes from that.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
There has been a change to MPC CUSTOMER CARE , both in attitude and people. This coincided with Anthony Sherrifs departure but maybe coincidental.

They have gone traditional Corporate and you now get the bland responce.....your query is passed to the appropriate dept.......who then may communicate with the dealer.....and they will no doubt get overwhelmed or not have time to deal with the Corporate machine.

It is a shame as the previous encumbents at the MPC at least got back with a considered position.

I'm sure a lot of queries should be handled by the dealers but that depends on their commitment and time. I can't help but think Mclaren are cutting off valuble feedback.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Walt
If the dealer or service dept. can’t give the answer I’m looking for I will call the Headquarters
in NYC.
If there unsure of the answer they will always call back within a day or too.
There follow up has been excellent so far
Steve

·
Registered
314 Posts
A customer satisfaction survey every time I have service done, no matter how minor.
Yes, but it consists of two paltry questions: Rate Dealer, Rate McLaren. they're not going to get much out of that.

I remember back in the day from other vehicle purchases getting on-going surveys and questionnaires multiple pages long, asking for feedback on all sorts of topics: pre-sales, post-sale, vehicle specific items, etc. McLaren isn't really going to get much feedback for improvement from those two extremely generic items. Sadly, I suspect they either don't want to know, or they already know the answer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nothing from them ever--which considering I waited about 6 months from order to delivery is not so great.
I sent a few misc. emails early on regarding various matters. Got form emails back.

Car is awesome. They just don't get this part of the game...yet.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was more interested in communications initiated by McLaren proper after purchase, new...bespoke or off the lot.

I remember when I purchased my first Breitling a long while ago, I immediately received a package from corporate and a small Christmas gift for 2 or three years after. Subsequent purchases have yielded no such coddling. It seems to me that corporate involvement after purchase is a dying art. But certain other comparable cars' after-purchase experiences vary greatly.

Just wanted to get a read on what everyone out there was experiencing.

Some would say that a free HP boost via software upgrade is the ultimate in aftercare.

Others would say that the 592hp cars were beta. One man's poison...

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
None from the factory, the usual generic mailing list stuff from the dealer.

Not at all an issue for me though, I bought the car for the car itself and have little to no interest in the whole buying into the brand/lifestyle of that Mclaren seems to want to try to follow Ferrari in projecting. It is a profitable way of doing things if one can achieve it though clearly...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes isv, I agree. I have enough "lifestyle" and maybe a further question would be, what would you prefer was corporate's involvement with after-sale contact? I don't mean issues you have and need answered.

It seems that this "lifestyle" thing has run amok. Now there's a QR code on everything from bubble gum to motor oil that brings you to a website to sign up for emails and the like. Bubblegum? Really? I know they are trying to sell bubblegum, but I don't think anyone needs to vote for the next flavor combination of "trident layers" just my feeling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, interesting.
I bought a new Honda Accord for my mom around the same time I bought my new McLaren, and I have been bombarded with Honda "aftercare", yet not one email from Mclaren, even though the Mac cost >10X as much. Was a little surprised that I did not even get a congratulatory email from McLaren. I emailed them to make sure they had gotten my info, as my dealer said that I would get lots of communication from Wokking. They responded by saying they had my email wrong and corrected it.
..........nothing since.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have plenty of contact with the aftersales department :rolleyes:

I get the survey after each time it's been in but agree it's a 3 question survey of little importance or relevance.
I get more contact from Mercedes when I have the van serviced, at least that's a phone call...
I get the advertising magazine too...;) or whatever it's called.

Whether it's through facebook I don't know but I get the occasional information email about items I've probably read about on here a few weeks previous :)

When I first purchased I did get a few follow up calls from the dealer and being quite local I drop in from time to time, so I'm no stranger.

·
Registered
106 Posts
After sales contact

I bought a DB 9 in 2006 and I still get the beautifully done Aston Magazine every few months or so. Bought a 2014 Cayman S and Porsche has sent me numerous "items of their appreciation". I think, whether you need this stuff or not, it's part of an on-going marketing program that any successful business should incorporate into it's philosophy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nothing from the factory, but frankly I don't really need anything from them. All my communication has been from the dealer, who has invited me to the track, cocktail parties, new car launches, sent newsletters, update emails, etc. Buying my McLaren has given me access to all kinds of very cool motorsport events from my dealer. Pretty cool actually.

~CaliMac

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ferrari sends me their magazine, still waiting on my fricking model though! :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts