McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 1st McLaren, a 2018 570S Spider and I’m in love with it.
Someone told me that I should add oil virtually every 2nd gas fill up. As well, I’ve been told that this model doesn’t warn you if the oil is low. Can anyone please elaborate on this?

Thanks in advance!
G

·
Owner
625 Posts
Mine never loses oil. Just check it at fill ups. If it's low, add oil.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah I haven’t needed to add oil. Definitely don’t just randomly add every fill up. Use the measurement setting in the menu to measure the oil and add when needed.

The car gives a generous range from low to max fill but do not overfill as there is no easy way to drain the excess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got a 2018 570S Spider that had the second annual inspection 1000 miles ago and it hasn't used any oil. I check the oil once a month which is about 300 miles. Randomly adding oil is bad advice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check your oil level in the display menu after the oil is up to temperature, usually 200 degrees fahrenheit or higher. Make sure car is parked on a level ground. No need to add oil unless the car sensor says it's low. Mine never loses oil from daily driving, and only needs a slight amount of oil added after a track day occasionally.

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
805 Posts
You definitely don't want to overfill the oil, so as others have said, just check it on a regular basis. If it shows a little low, add a pint and recheck. In all likelihood, though, you will probably find you will not be adding any oil between services.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just picked up my 1st McLaren, a 2018 570S Spider and I’m in love with it.
Someone told me that I should add oil virtually every 2nd gas fill up. As well, I’ve been told that this model doesn’t warn you if the oil is low. Can anyone please elaborate on this?

View attachment 206642

Thanks in advance!
G
I am wondering who told you this
Friend? Someone who has one?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Must be a troll. Who just adds oil at fill-up. It's called checking the oil level and keeping it full and clean. Same as any gas engine ever made.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Do not add oil. Unless your car tells you to.
Had my 570 for 2 years never ever had to add oil. My R8 on the other hand a litre every 4/5th fill up or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts