McLaren Life banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I’m basically tapped out of power currently. My mods are downpipes,
Filters, injectors/e85…m-engineering was able to pull out 717whp on my current setup.
Can I expect any significant gains adding meth/water injection and retuning?

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
You need more air, more than cooler air. Bigger turbos.

Reactions: M-Engineering

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks EMF, I kinda figured my turbos were the real bottleneck at this point. My goal is sub 5 second 60-130…how many hours does the turbo swap take?

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
Thanks EMF, I kinda figured my turbos were the real bottleneck at this point. My goal is sub 5 second 60-130…how many hours does the turbo swap take?
Plan on a weekend, depending how things cooperate it could take 3-4 hours or 20 hours of cursing.

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
279 Posts
Hey guys, so I’m basically tapped out of power currently. My mods are downpipes,
Filters, injectors/e85…m-engineering was able to pull out 717whp on my current setup.
Can I expect any significant gains adding meth/water injection and retuning?
Typically, meth is used as a "safety factor" kind of thing.... There is "some" there but prob not worth the expense and effort vs a set of Pure Turbo's...

Reactions: batcheej

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm I see so might still be a favorable
Option to upgrading turbos? What can the stock fuel pump/rails handle horsepower wise if I do upgrade turbos?

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
279 Posts
Hmm I see so might still be a favorable
Option to upgrading turbos? What can the stock fuel pump/rails handle horsepower wise if I do upgrade turbos?
Being that you are that close to your target, Meth could most likely get you there. My understanding is that when you change to the Pure units, you will need larger injectors, not sure about the rails and fuel pumps and of course retuning... Though retuning is also a must with the Meth.... Then you have to think about the constant drag of finding/obtaining/filling the res with Methanol....

I would also query M-Engineering about how quickly the car can "adjust" the timing to a safe range, in case you run out of Meth mid-pull....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts