McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

2018 720s
Came across what i thought was me dreaming the other day driving the car.
Was cruising at low speed and in my usual driving mode which is active on and track, engaged the aero button to deploy the wing whilst driving and all of a sudden the car changed into neutral and when applied gas was definately free revving.
Thought i was dreaming, so hit the drive button again and car went into gear and seem to drive normal.
Put the wing up and down again and all was fine.

Took the car for a drive the a couple of days later and once again, sitting at traffic lights pressed the aero button again and car went into neutral again.(wing did deploy along with message on screen showing speed too low for airbrake) Once again changed into drive and drove off, tested again but pressing aero button a few times and car stayed in gear and wing up/down no issues.
Apart from some small gremlins, car has been great since i took ownership with 4000ks , now have 7000ks on it.
Last service was August this year and about 1000ks ago.

Can't seem to find any examples of this happening on this forum so happy if anyone has had any experience of this occurring to them ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Guys,

2018 720s
Came across what i thought was me dreaming the other day driving the car.
Was cruising at low speed and in my usual driving mode which is active on and track, engaged the aero button to deploy the wing whilst driving and all of a sudden the car changed into neutral and when applied gas was definately free revving.
Thought i was dreaming, so hit the drive button again and car went into gear and seem to drive normal.
Put the wing up and down again and all was fine.

Took the car for a drive the a couple of days later and once again, sitting at traffic lights pressed the aero button again and car went into neutral again.(wing did deploy along with message on screen showing speed too low for airbrake) Once again changed into drive and drove off, tested again but pressing aero button a few times and car stayed in gear and wing up/down no issues.
Apart from some small gremlins, car has been great since i took ownership with 4000ks , now have 7000ks on it.
Last service was August this year and about 1000ks ago.

Can't seem to find any examples of this happening on this forum so happy if anyone has had any experience of this occurring to them ?
Wait are we troubleshooting car problems from your dream or did this happen in real life?

But no that does not sound like a common problem (at least expressed on the forums)

I’m not fortunate enough to have a 720s so hopefully someone else can chime in with more experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait are we troubleshooting car problems from your dream or did this happen in real life?

But no that does not sound like a common problem (at least expressed on the forums)

I’m not fortunate enough to have a 720s so hopefully someone else can chime in with more experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trust me it was really life.
I'm guessing at this stage a software glitch and or sensor but sounds more like software/firmware related as there has to be some ruling in the programming allowing this to happen.
Mechanically the car is normal

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have not had that occur on my 2019 720s. And I have done the same thing, putting the wing up and down manually a number of times...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Trust me it was really life.
I'm guessing at this stage a software glitch and or sensor but sounds more like software/firmware related as there has to be some ruling in the programming allowing this to happen.
Mechanically the car is normal
That is not normal behavior. Mention this to your service advisor, see what he says, but dont tell him you might thave been dreaming :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd have that checked out urgently. I put the wing up and down while driving all the time and that never happens. Sounds dangerous to have it go into neutral while driving. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts