McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, pressed enter too quickly.

Wheel was built by MACarbon, a sponsor here. John made me a similar wheel not too long ago for my Turbo S.

Thicker grip, orange stitching with a custom dual stitch at 12 o clock. Also leather wrapped and stitched the backside of the wheel, stock one was just a piece of nice plastic.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks great, might have to do that for my Orange car. Do you have the new paddles or old with pre-cog?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
John sourced a new wheel from McLaren for the build, so it's a non-pre-cog wheel

The one taken off the car is also a new non-pre-cog wheel as my car already had the 2013 update.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
John sourced a new wheel from McLaren for the build, so it's a non-pre-cog wheel

The one taken off the car is also a new non-pre-cog wheel as my car already had the 2013 update.
Hmmm, might have to check into your old wheel. Could you pm me pricing for a similar wheel like yours?

·
Owner
893 Posts
I ordered my steering wheel with the orange stitching from the factory as an MSO option. It looks similar to your picture. Also, had them do some orange stitching on the seats. :cool:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice looking wheel. A thicker wheel would be useful.for my big hands.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hmmm, might have to check into your old wheel. Could you pm me pricing for a similar wheel like yours?
Well I was at McLaren today and had a discussion with the tech about the pre cog shifter. I've taken a couple of pictures of my steering wheel for your viewing. Now the steering wheel can be taking apart there are three torx screws holding the plate which contains the pre cog mechanism. Now you can see in the last picture the small red switch, which does two things it creates the loads and of course engages the shift. So the question is can this little red switch be ordered or modified through software updates. The tech will be looking at this in the next week to determine exactly what can and can't be done to resolve this issue. I'll will keep you posted on the techs findings. Cheers.....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362695458.169732.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362695480.248705.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362695495.830846.jpg

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My MP4-12C just got past 1000km, to celebrate I had a new custom steering wheel installed.
Well I just received the first picture of my finished steering wheel, yet to be installed. Try and ignore the mess on Johns desk, he's one busy guy so I guess we can excuse the desk. Cheers.....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363382194.976765.jpg

I had the red inserted on the top, while maintaining everything else.

·
Registered
551 Posts
looks great Extreme. Nice job they did. Discrete and elegant.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
looks great Extreme. Nice job they did. Discrete and elegant.
Once it's installed in the car I will post pictures, I'm in the process of getting the centre logo redone from orange to either a black CF or red to match the leather. Yes I love things to be enhanced or improved but within reason our as you mentioned with discretion. Thanks for the complement, this job was done by my good friend of 14 years John Caravaggio. He's also working on the seat covers which will have a similar pattern to the Bentley diamond pattern in the same red. Cheers....??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts