McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions from a potential new owner:

(1) Independent services?

I'm in the Bay Area. Are there any independent service facilities or is diagnostic equipment still hard to get a hold of?

(2) Dealer facilitated Trade?

In many cases a local dealer is willing to facilitate an immediate sell-through rather than holding 12C inventory. Anyone know what trade-values for a 2013 Spider might be? MMR on coupes is now 85-90k, curious how reflective trade offers are to wholesale prices.

·
Registered
514 Posts
And does anyone know trade in values for '13 spiders?
Why do you care what the trade-in value is? It will vary wildly depending upon condition, colour, options and, most importantly, mileage. Higher mileage really hits values - a 2014 Spider sold (5 months ago, here) for $73k with 48k miles.

For 2012 Coupés, I've heard of trade-in values of $70k - $90k for up to 20k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I care about trade-in-values since thats the price I intend to pay (or close to)! Dealers who don't want 12C's can often facilitate that transaction. Curious about the real numbers as I have Manheim so can see wholesale prices, but believe trade in figures fall slightly below that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
MITengineer
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing