McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is it like the 600lt that is connected to engine intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Owner
752 Posts
The F-1 road car style roof scoop looked great, and of course was functional.
I hate the 'new' snorkel-type roof scoops. Not even sure what the 765 roof scoop does -- cools the engine bay???

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is it like the 600lt that is connected to engine intake.
No, only for engine bay cooling. Probably no sound benefit.

It's got a "tacked on" look compared with the more integrated look of previous versions. Disappointing.

Reactions: Dracarys

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,540 Posts
Not a fan. Looks like an aftermarket item that was pasted to the rear glass. The vorensfeiner “roof scoop”’actually looks better than this MSO option.
Haha. I was thinking the same. You mean the Novitec glue-on "roof scoop"? It seems to block rear visibility quite a bit too. If it's not truly FUNCTIONAL (i.e. engine air intake) then what's the use? The 675LT roof scoop looks better IMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it's not truly FUNCTIONAL (i.e. engine air intake) then what's the use?
Cars & coffee flex, pleases the youtubers, etc. You wouldn't spend $40k for that? Lolol 🤪🙈

Reactions: napoli

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know a ton of people say that it won't be functional, but where has McLaren officially said it's not functional -- cooling engine bay only?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here from product brief posted by RonMathMD. "Functional" but not in a way we would prefer. Link in the post below.

This is the 765 LT product launch brief. It has everything you need to know about the 765 LT. Dealers should have a static car on display in May. (Don't ask me where I got this product brief)....

Reactions: Dark Knight 650

·
Registered
33 Posts
It looks even worse than the rendering. Especially that rear 3/4 shot! I think the cars & coffee "flex" will be cars without it as this looks like a wart. Honestly even if it was a no cost option I don't think I'd check it. 😬

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,540 Posts
It looks even worse than the rendering. Especially that rear 3/4 shot! I think the cars & coffee "flex" will be cars without it as this looks like a wart. Honestly even if it was a no cost option I don't think I'd check it. 😬
Maybe that's why the early-release cars we've been shown aren't spec'd with the roof scoop

·
Registered
827 Posts
I installed the Novitec scoop on my 720S. It is of course non-functional but I think look better and doesn't block the view to the rear. And it was $2,500 in factory matched V-weave visible carbon fiber, rather than ~ $36,000.

The 765LT scoop is a head-scratcher to me. It is plumbed straight through the middle of the rear cabin into the engine compartment, where it blows passively over the intake plenum, charge air coolers, and engine. The duct is wide and obscures a good bit of visibility to the rear. Pollen, dust, bugs, and whatever else that gets sucked in will enter the engine compartment, and there is no way to clean/detail it. This is a very different implementation in terms of functionality and plumbing than prior roof scoop cars, which fed the intake and were ducted to the sides to keep the center rear view intact.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pretty sure if the roof scoop would be a free option as the MSO fenders louvres are (in most countries) lot of orders would be with the roof scoop. Put a roof scoop Lt next to one with out, the one with the scoop looks more agressiv and complete.
the price of 35 000$/€ is the brainer here not the scoop itself

1 - 20 of 54 Posts