McLaren Life banner

765LT vs 675LT driving impressions ?

34K views 98 replies 34 participants last post by  Maverick787 
#1 ·
Could any new 765LT owners who also own or have owned an 675LT kindly share driving impression comparisons?

On street and on track comparisons both appreciated wrt fun to drive and capabilities.

Also is the 765LT different enough to warrant keeping a 675LT and adding a 765LT vs trading it in?

Thank you in advance.

#86 ·
In the future I plan on doing a detailed write-up for you guys, but now that I own both cars, I thought I'd drop a quick note.

Both cars are great, but to me the 675LT is more raw, more engaging, fiercer, and overall the more "fun" car. The 765LT is more refined, more versatile (the soft suspension setting is great), and well, more boring :p. It's faster, but I don't really "feel" faster in it. I get more of an acceleration sensation out of my 675LT than I do the 765LT. In short, the 675LT is, by far, my favorite of the two. Granted this could all change in time, but now that I own both these are my initial thoughts.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

#87 ·
In the future I plan on doing a detailed write-up for you guys, but now that I own both cars, I thought I'd drop a quick note.

Both cars are great, but to me the 675LT is more raw, more engaging, fiercer, and overall the more "fun" car. The 765LT is more refined, more versatile (the soft suspension setting is great), and well, more boring :p. It's faster, but I don't really "feel" faster in it. I get more of an acceleration sensation out of my 675LT than I do the 765LT. In short, the 675LT is, by far, my favorite of the two. Granted this could all change in time, but now that I own both these are my initial thoughts.

View attachment 223276
😍

#96 · (Edited)
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

I’ve owned my 675LT for a tad over 3 years, and I’ve never owned a car this long. My Porsche Speedster is a close 2nd with 2 years plus, and I have no plans on selling either. The one problem once out of the 675LT the power and handling will spoil you, and some have said it feels more like a go-cart. I use to track my GT3RS and some mountain driving, and when I got the 675LT the RS sat in the garage so I sold it due to lack of use.

I keep the Speedster because it’s special, numbered car, manual, and open top GT car sound is amazing. Back to the 675LT, I think it trades low vs MSRP only due to Mclaren dealers or lack of dealers around the country. I’m lucky to have a great dealer in ATL very close, and the mechanics are great there. I have one guy that services my car, and he swears by the 675LT is the most reliable Mclaren from his experience and his fav to drive. He‘s also a friend so no reason to BS, and said the motor was built to handle 1000 HP and is upgraded from the original P1 engine. In closing I do think the 675LT look is timeless, but I would love to drive a 765LT that thing looks nasty and wicked. Maybe you argue the MSRP was high 349k for the 675LT vs 382k for the 765LT? The delta 33k more for the 765LT 7 years later not bad at all.

#98 ·
You guys keep talking your book with the 675LT and who knows perhaps they get to trade at values the car deserves ;)

having said that I have a booster seat in my 675LT and my 964RS- only 2 cars that have lasted longer than a year with me.

My 992 GT3 Touring lasted 6 months - in line with the rest of the recent GT stuff they make. Hopefully the 4RS will be stickier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.