McLaren Life banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone can try...
But this would be not successfull so far.
U should have in best case a McLaren history, means owning one or two before.
I was already asked to pay a deposit of 10k€ last year.
Maybee a dealer thing, germany cant be that different from Switzerland were dealer is active searching personne who wants to purchase a spyder

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Maybee a dealer thing, germany cant be that different from Switzerland were dealer is active searching personne who wants to purchase a spyder
How many do you think will be sold in Switzerland?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don’t know about Europe but in the US the car is virtually impossible to get. And by that I mean for buyers at MSRP through a dealer who are first time buyers. I believe it is being offered to repeat buyers for the most part. Now I’m sure some will become available at some point however from what I’m finding it’s a hot ticket item

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don’t know about Europe but in the US the car is virtually impossible to get. And by that I mean for buyers at MSRP through a dealer who are first time buyers. I believe it is being offered to repeat buyers for the most part. Now I’m sure some will become available at some point however from what I’m finding it’s a hot ticket item
My experience as well. My closest dealer bascially said to go somewhere else because they didn't think they would get enough. I went to one of the largest in the country who said I got one of the last two allocations they had.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Express an interest at as many dealers as you can. Unsold allocations from other dealers/states/even countries are redistributed each month and you may be good. Persistence and paying a deposit helps.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Got word from my dealer that I get an allocation for a spider at MSRP being that I am a current 765 coupe owner already. According to my dealer, they believed that people wouldn't start seeing deliveries of the car till next spring. Spoke with a separate dealer that told me they are selling allocations at $100k over MSRP whenever the US price list is announced.

Reactions: shack

·
Registered
467 Posts
Got word from my dealer that I get an allocation for a spider at MSRP being that I am a current 765 coupe owner already. According to my dealer, they believed that people wouldn't start seeing deliveries of the car till next spring. Spoke with a separate dealer that told me they are selling allocations at $100k over MSRP whenever the US price list is announced.
I imagine there are quite a few folks that will upgrade from coupe to spider. Wonder what that will do to 765 coupe prices.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I imagine there are quite a few folks that will upgrade from coupe to spider. Wonder what that will do to 765 coupe prices.
i would imagine not much at all. There is still a Huge demand for the coupe and prices are well above msrp (In the US). Out of approximately 250 coupes in the US, how many of those will be trading them in on a spider? I don’t think the number is that significant to allow the demand to catch up. But then again who knows what the market will do and my crystal ball is still in the shop. Lol. I don’t think that too many people predicted the current housing or car market when the pandemic started.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i would imagine not much at all. There is still a Huge demand for the coupe and prices are well above msrp (In the US). Out of approximately 250 coupes in the US, how many of those will be trading them in on a spider? I don’t think the number is that significant to allow the demand to catch up. But then again who knows what the market will do and my crystal ball is still in the shop. Lol. I don’t think that too many people predicted the current housing or car market when the pandemic started.
The entire world is nuts right now. lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
Agreed. Who would have ever thought that you can barely get a discount on a new car or even that a lot of dealerships don’t even have inventory to sell. Crazy times.
Yup. all I know is im speccing my spider soon and my 720 keeps going up in value. lol. At least one good thing happening.

·
Registered
376 Posts
how long do you guys think the 720s market will continue to go up?
Hard to say, but if I had to guess I think it could be next year sometime before they start to drop again. I think it’s tied to chip shortages, which in turn drive new car shortages/delays. And as long as new cars are in short supply, used cars are going to be driven higher.

Once chip demand/supply goes back to normal then I think you see prices normalize and I think we are looking at sometime next year before that happens.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Won't do anything except go up, 765 is in such high demand and will continue to always be in high demand. Fastest production vehicle in the world, last production fully ICE (non-hybrid) vehicle from Mclaren, limited number of them made, looks amazing, drives amazing, this car checks all the marks. Shoot there is one listed on autotrader for $650k already.

Reactions: Cadster and Scrappy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why is it an upgrade from coupe to spyder.
No roofscoop for spyder no roll cage aswell, more weight.

could be a us thing but at least in my place coupes 675lt holding better than spyder

·
Registered
467 Posts
Why is it an upgrade from coupe to spyder.
No roofscoop for spyder no roll cage aswell, more weight.

could be a us thing but at least in my place coupes 675lt holding better than spyder
I didnt mean to imply the Spider is an "upgrade" meaning its better. Just that they are changing models- upgrading to sometihing newer and different, not implying better.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts