McLaren Life banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Premium Member
2022 765LT Spider
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Its an insult to 765 Lt to compare it with a gt2rs.
Gt2 isnt even in the same realm
GT2 a sloth in comparison habibi. 765 is king of class atm
馃槅, lock the thread and make this a sticky! 馃帳 drop.

991 2RS is a great car, just not god-tier like a 765LT. Did a mother's day drive with 765LT and LTS last weekend. Used to question why own both.
Hello again Gents,

I didn鈥檛 expect that! 2RS is an amazing car with a different personality IMHO. Yes the LT is faster but I believe the difference at this level comes down to the driver. I will elaborate more after I put more KM in the LTS.

Now Coupe VS Spider, I wouldn鈥檛 want a stiffer car than the LTS, track option handling is stiff enough to me. I drove Radicals and F3 cars around Yas Marina track frequently, first thing the LTS gave me is the same feel of a Radical.

One more thing 馃槆 I would like to confess that I owned and drove cars from Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren. The only brand I upgraded three times in a row was Porsche, the brand is captivating and the build/feel is just perfect; I feel McLaren will do the same to me 馃槈

Registered
Yes and no. The example I gave about suspension damping is one of those things that if it never enters my mind during ownership, then it鈥檚 probably good (or good enough).

This matters more to me in a race car when I鈥檓 trying to fine tune the handling for different circuits and conditions.
It is true that problems and flaws receive more notice as they ultimately are more distracting. Conversely, there are other attributes that are so superior and masterfully executed that they actually call attention to themselves. In the 765, the steering feedback, precision and directivity, chassis rigidity, explosve speed, connectivity between car and driver are so uniquely stellar, that they create a smile on my face on every drive.

Registered
It is true that problems and flaws receive more notice as they ultimately are more distracting. Conversely, there are other attributes that are so superior and masterfully executed that they actually call attention to themselves. In the 765, the steering feedback, precision and directivity, chassis rigidity, explosve speed, connectivity between car and driver are so uniquely stellar, that they create a smile on my face on every drive.
Lol. You just described every McLaren!

Registered
I suppose I鈥檝e been somewhat desensitized by the magic of McLaren since taking delivery of my 12C ten years ago (which I drove for 18,000 kms). The 675LT then took the platform to the next level in terms of engagement and the 765 carries on with that tradition.

675 owners have been spoiled by the driving experience that many are now raving about with the 765. We had a 5 year head start :)

Registered
Well said! The magic part is that the 765LT is fun at all speeds. I only thought manuals could deliver that, but this is McLaren magic through direct driver connectivity and feedback. Still mezmorized each time I drive the car. 馃敟馃挴馃挭

Registered
Perhaps I鈥檓 one of the few who actually likes the way the 2RS sounds. Reminds me of the original 935 with all the pops and hisses.
no you are not, owning and tracking both cars, i judge the gt2rs as very capable and solid track machine, with to my ears a very nice sounding exhaust note.
With the now called porsche tequipement mantey kid, the 2 Rs is one of the consistent car i ever drove on the track. Solid lap per lap, no heat issue, and in combination with the michelin Cup2 R, and the downforce from the wing capable of quiker corner speeds, then the 765lt

But he does not pull even close to the 765lt, highway runs are no contest. The Gt2 Rs pulls simular as the 675lt from 2015. Big difference to the 765lt.
Just do not under estimate the Gt2 Rs on a track and specialy a track like the nordschleife wich has a completly different layout than anything else

Registered
no you are not, owning and tracking both cars, i judge the gt2rs as very capable and solid track machine, with to my ears a very nice sounding exhaust note.
With the now called porsche tequipement mantey kid, the 2 Rs is one of the consistent car i ever drove on the track. Solid lap per lap, no heat issue, and in combination with the michelin Cup2 R, and the downforce from the wing capable of quiker corner speeds, then the 765lt

But he does not pull even close to the 765lt, highway runs are no contest. The Gt2 Rs pulls simular as the 675lt from 2015. Big difference to the 765lt.
Just do not under estimate the Gt2 Rs on a track and specialy a track like the nordschleife wich has a completly different layout than anything else
A modified car with $4,000 tires on a track that doesn't resemble 99.9% of the race tracks that cars are used on?

gt2rs over here in State side that is fully stock will compete with a fully stock 600 LT.

Reactions: alexceres

Registered
A modified car with $4,000 tires on a track that doesn't resemble 99.9% of the race tracks that cars are used on?

gt2rs over here in State side that is fully stock will compete with a fully stock 600 LT.
Well the trofeo R tyres and the Michelin Cup R tyres are in the same price category, at least here in Germany/Switzerland.
A car witch works fine on the Nordschleife, works fine on most tracks, and not only for 3-4 fastlaps..

Per definition a porsche car equiped with the tequipment program of Porsche is for Porsche 100% stock and therefor under 100% factory warrenty. ( at least since about 1 year were Manthey Performance parts are fully integrated in its Porsche tequipment program..

A 600lt with its narrow front tyres and tendancy to understeer, is way behind a 2 Rs on the Nordschleife.
Friends are moding those 600lt badly to get them more drivable and consistance on the Nordschleife. My 675lt is overheating after driving 1 lap hard on this track, (during 8-9lap), and the lose back on higher speed doenst give my much confident on this track.
with Porsche you dont have those Probleme.
(you have other once).

I dont want to argue here, specialy as i track my LT s and my Rs cars and i love both brands.
These are my expirience it could be different on more traditional tracks as you may have them in the Us.

Premium Member
2022 765LT Spider
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well the trofeo R tyres and the Michelin Cup R tyres are in the same price category, at least here in Germany/Switzerland.
A car witch works fine on the Nordschleife, works fine on most tracks, and not only for 3-4 fastlaps..

Per definition a porsche car equiped with the tequipment program of Porsche is for Porsche 100% stock and therefor under 100% factory warrenty. ( at least since about 1 year were Manthey Performance parts are fully integrated in its Porsche tequipment program..

A 600lt with its narrow front tyres and tendancy to understeer, is way behind a 2 Rs on the Nordschleife.
Friends are moding those 600lt badly to get them more drivable and consistance on the Nordschleife. My 675lt is overheating after driving 1 lap hard on this track, (during 8-9lap), and the lose back on higher speed doenst give my much confident on this track.
with Porsche you dont have those Probleme.
(you have other once).

I dont want to argue here, specialy as i track my LT s and my Rs cars and i love both brands.
These are my expirience it could be different on more traditional tracks as you may have them in the Us.
Thank you for adding value by sharing your personal experience tracking both cars, it really does help to know what to expect.

Have any 765LT track users face any over-heat issues in their cars?

Registered
Thank you for adding value by sharing your personal experience tracking both cars, it really does help to know what to expect.

your welcome. You have to make a differnece, while my 675lt is overheating whilst pushing on the nordschleife (8min track, lots of highspeed acceleration..) , he is not at all overheating on traditional flat short tracks like hockenheim, Monza, Manycours etc.
Now to the 765lt, i couldnt push it hard on the Nordschleife so far, just on normal tracks, where he is completly fin. But i would guess that the cooling on the 765lt is superior than on the 675lt, so i do not expect overheating on the Nordschleife
for the 765lt.

And if you live in the Us, you dont have to be concerned of the 鈥瀏reen hell鈥 Nordschleife anyway..
So push it as hard as you can and enjoy your car.

Registered

When I took delivery of the 765LT coupe, my wife and I drove it to the local track 400kms away to break it in. Next day, it was 40+ degrees Celsius and I ran it hard during the lapping day. I am new to McLaren and heard all these reliability issue hearsay from others and figured if the was going to break, do it right after it was delivered.

Result, smile ear to ear from my wife and I, a set of toasty TrofeoR's and about half life left on the ceramic rotors. 馃敟馃挭馃挴

There was one issue though... for some reason, the key lost its programming to the car. Couldn't lock/unlock it. Thought it was battery issue, but dealer said no. Lucky have smart wife and she took 2nd set of keys... So always take both keys!

Registered
There was one issue though... for some reason, the key lost its programming to the car. Couldn't lock/unlock it. Thought it was battery issue, but dealer said no. Lucky have smart wife and she took 2nd set of keys... So always take both keys!
How can that happend, was there a strong magnet some where? it happends sometims to my skicards when they are close to my mobilephones that they lose access to the lifts.
But never heard from the car key. I think it is a bit anoying to take both keys, specialy when you lost both ones in one time...

What still happen to me is that the car cant find they key, more in the 675LT plattform than in the 765LT, bit it still happend in the 765LT.

Registered

Isn't that MR kit specifically designed/optimised for the Ring? Just wondering how the 765 would do modded for a particular track.

Registered
Isn't that MR kit specifically designed/optimised for the Ring? Just wondering how the 765 would do modded for a particular track.
Yes and no, Manthey is located next to the N眉rburgring, so yes they developed and testet the kit mainly on the Nordschleife, but as you can see on this video below, it works extremly well on other tracks to.
System output isnt touched, the upgrades are aero, brakes and chassis suspension (Fahrwerk).
Around 95k Euros for everything.

Registered
Yes and no, Manthey is located next to the N眉rburgring, so yes they developed and testet the kit mainly on the Nordschleife, but as you can see on this video below, it works extremly well on other tracks to.
System output isnt touched, the upgrades are aero, brakes and chassis suspension (Fahrwerk).
Around 95k Euros for everything.

Bad ass car for sure but 95k euros is a lot of money for mods so they must be significant.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts