McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 765LT Spider
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys … I know there were scattered talks about this topic, but when I searched I couldn’t conclude what owners of both cars think?

I own both but drove my RS for 5k KM and my LT 50KM! Just took delivery and finally arrived home after PPF etc … the reason I brought up this topic is … I was blown away with the car 😳, like really, she’s a different breed than the RS. The way she moves, shifts and feel is so different. I’m stunned because both cars, to my knowledge, are comparable, yet they are so different❗ Can’t wait to put more miles on my LT, I’ll definitely spend time briefing you gents when I have at least 2K on the car.

For now, I’m interested to hear what other members think, especially the ones owning both and had them for a while. Imagine tracking both and seeing the difference, woohoo so excited 😇

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Ok guys … I know there were scattered talks about this topic, but when I searched I couldn’t conclude what owners of both cars think?

I own both but drove my RS for 5k KM and my LT 50KM! Just took delivery and finally arrived home after PPF etc … the reason I brought up this topic is … I was blown away with the car 😳, like really, she’s a different breed than the RS. The way she moves, shifts and feel is so different. I’m stunned because both cars, to my knowledge, are comparable, yet they are so different❗ Can’t wait to put more miles on my LT, I’ll definitely spend time briefing you gents when I have at least 2K on the car.

For now, I’m interested to hear what other members think, especially the ones owning both and had them for a while. Imagine tracking both and seeing the difference, woohoo so excited 😇
Its an insult to 765 Lt to compare it with a gt2rs.

gt2rs is competitive with 720s around a race track but not really unless it’s modified to be similar to a cup car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its an insult to 765 Lt to compare it with a gt2rs.
😆, lock the thread and make this a sticky! 🎤 drop.

991 2RS is a great car, just not god-tier like a 765LT. Did a mother's day drive with 765LT and LTS last weekend. Used to question why own both. Answer: best car I've driven, though spider is softer in every way. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
I owned the 991 gt2rs and drove the lt at Silverstone.
The gt2 is a pimped up golf. It revs too fast, there is hardly sound, hardly emotion, to me it only looks good. I have limited funds so i sold it and ordered the lts. The lt made me shiffer, its intimidating, i guess the lts will be even better, for the fearless“.

·
Registered
McLaren 12c 2012
796 Posts
I dont know if its THAT bad but yeh. I think its an amazing car and a heavy hitter but its nothing on a 765. (convo subject)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
At this level of performance, it really comes down to driver skill rather than the limits of the car (which cannot be explored on public roads anyhow).
That's true of pretty much any car. The question being asked is how the cars compare with the same driver. It's also not just about the ultimate limits of the car, particularly for novice drivers, the way the car feels and performs before its ultimate limits are also important.

·
Registered
748 Posts
For me, it comes down to how much I enjoy the car, more than how well the can can perform. Others will certainly differ in their opinions on what‘s paramount.
Agreed. Very often I’ve read comments about a particular driving quality which I’ve never myself noticed. Either I’m just numb or it gets buried by other feedbacks which dominate my own experience. The suspension damping in the 765 might very well be excellent but I don’t have the spare mental capacity to really appreciate it because of everything else that’s bombarding my senses when driving that car.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Agreed. Very often I’ve read comments about a particular driving quality which I’ve never myself noticed. Either I’m just numb or it gets buried by other feedbacks which dominate my own experience. The suspension damping in the 765 might very well be excellent but I don’t have the spare mental capacity to really appreciate it because of everything else that’s bombarding my senses when driving that car.
If you drive the car enough, and in a variety of venues, all its unique and stellar characteristics and strengths will be exposed. Drive it 500 kms per year and you might not.

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you drive the car enough, and in a variety of venues, all its unique and stellar characteristics and strengths will be exposed. Drive it 500 kms per year and you might not.
Yes and no. The example I gave about suspension damping is one of those things that if it never enters my mind during ownership, then it’s probably good (or good enough).

This matters more to me in a race car when I’m trying to fine tune the handling for different circuits and conditions.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts