McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Owner
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting over a year, I finally received my 765LT Spider a couple weeks ago. I want to thank McLaren North America for considering me for the purchase of this vehicle, I know a lot of other people were passed up and they didn't have to choose me. I also want to thank McLaren of Troy for making this possible. This is the greatest vehicle I've ever driven. My 600LT Spider was my third McLaren, but my first LT model. It was an absolute joy and I put over 8,000 miles on it during the time I had it. I was a little worried because I had never driven a 765 and I didn't want to miss out on the awesome sound that the 600 had but I knew that it would be an upgrade I just couldn't pass up. My thoughts were it would feel like a modded 720S, and I was okay with that.

Well, when my vehicle finally arrived, I immediately felt at home getting in the Senna bucket seats, and it sounded almost identical when starting up. I didn't realize just how much the 765 felt and sounded like the 600 at idle and low speed. But on the drive home, man was it an out-of-body experience. It didn't feel, drive, or sound like a 720S to me, it felt like the 600LT turned up to an 11. The pops, the bangs, the explosive shifts... it is just pure sublime performance and it's got to be the best sounding McLaren ever. And the ability to put down that back window and hear all that sound come in is just a symphonic masterpiece. This thing is unreal, the 296GTB, 720S, and the Artura are all fantastic cars, but the 765 is on an entirely other planet. I've never felt such perfect steering, such perfect response, and such perfect brakes from anything like this before. Not even a Performante or a 991 GT3-RS can hold a candle to the 765, it's just absolutely sublime in nearly every way. How can it get any better from here? I don't know how anything could drive better and offer this much performance. It's almost telepathic, ready for anything. It reconditions your senses of the word "fast," like the Plaid does to a person the first time. And the brakes, oh the brakes... about as impressive as the acceleration. I thought the 600LT had awesome brakes, my goodness the 765 stopping power is like dropping a naval ship anchor about the back.

I feel grateful that I get to experience this machine, that it's somehow in my garage. I'm absolutely in love with this vehicle, it's the total package. It does everything, it ticks all the boxes without compromise. Yes, it does have the usual McLaren rattles, imperfections, and trim pieces falling off, but I can overlook it. You just can't get this kind of performance and feel out of anything else out there. I now know why these things are going for way over sticker, it's worth every penny. If you paid $750k for this, you are getting the ride of your life. Sell the SF90, sell the Yacht, sell the kids... This is one of the most fantastic vehicles ever made, it's going down as a legend. I'm not sure how it could be topped by a heavier hybrid, this thing has just got to be the peak of vehicle greatness all rolled into one. I think people are going to be talking about this car for many years to come. I think this is the greatest driver's car ever made!

Enough of that, here's some pics...
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle
Sky Vehicle Car Cloud Hood
Vehicle Tire Hood Car Sky
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Helmet Vehicle Sports equipment Car Hood
Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

I found some of these pics of my car on a local photographer's Instagram page from a Cars and Coffee I took it to. To see more of his work, his IG account is: NP__photo__

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was wondering about the colour. Thought Nardo or Helios on the first pics however the metallic made it Helios which was confirmed at the end of the post!! Beautifully matches the interior and works well with those calipers.(y)

Reactions: Excelsior

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
570 Posts
It really doesn't have a real competitor that I can think of, the only cars that give it a run for its money are the Ultimate series or maybe a couple of other hyper cars.
That’s a good point. Even among hyper cars...I’m struggling to think of a direct competitor. Straight line performance combined with track prowess. K-eggs aren’t exactly known for their track prowess...Then again it seems few people track them. Bugatti no. Pagani no. Hennessy no.

Perhaps the new GT2RS whenever that comes out and maybe the AMG GTR...Otherwise it’s tough to find a direct competitor. AMG ONE? But if that’s not quicker on track then shame on them. I’d say the Valkyrie...but it’s not April 1st...

Congrats McLaren on a great car!!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
That’s a good point. Even among hyper cars...I’m struggling to think of a direct competitor. Straight line performance combined with track prowess. K-eggs aren’t exactly known for their track prowess...Then again it seems few people track them. Bugatti no. Pagani no. Hennessy no.

Perhaps the new GT2RS whenever that comes out and maybe the AMG GTR...Otherwise it’s tough to find a direct competitor. AMG ONE? But if that’s not quicker on track then shame on them. I’d say the Valkyrie...but it’s not April 1st...

Yeah, you're really looking at the lightweight kit car things, Ariel etc, for the track, but then you don't get the road capabilities. It's a similar situation for the rest of McLaren's cars, I read some of the tests and wonder how they managed to think that an R8, for example, is better.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Porsche?? No. Maybe I’m just so jaded by the brand as I sold my Gt3 but Porsche isn’t even in the same universe as Mclaren let alone the same planet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts