McLaren Life banner
881 - 900 of 929 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the actual ordering process between the dealer and McLaren? I.e. Lambo, Porsche have fairly distinct status codes that help you understand where you are in the process.

In my case, I was verbally "given" an allocation, dealer gave my buyer info to McLaren for approval, submitted a TBD build so that MSO can start working on some options, and have an Order # that I believe is an Order # from McLaren, not the dealer per se (verbiage given to me was that dealer submits to McLaren, McLaren assigns an Order#, then MSO can start working on it.) All of this is pre build being locked.

Given Champagne's unfortunate situation I'm trying to see if there is any way to validate and add clarity beyond purely relying on the dealer (for the record, I trust my dealer, but I trust concrete info more).

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the actual ordering process between the dealer and McLaren? I.e. Lambo, Porsche have fairly distinct status codes that help you understand where you are in the process.

In my case, I was verbally "given" an allocation, dealer gave my buyer info to McLaren for approval, submitted a TBD build so that MSO can start working on some options, and have an Order # that I believe is an Order # from McLaren, not the dealer per se (verbiage given to me was that dealer submits to McLaren, McLaren assigns an Order#, then MSO can start working on it.) All of this is pre build being locked.

Given Champagne's unfortunate situation I'm trying to see if there is any way to validate and add clarity beyond purely relying on the dealer (for the record, I trust my dealer, but I trust concrete info more).
Similar and in writing many times for months and submitted a deposit - guarantee was used repeatedly.
Result - Mclaren sent a letter due to my "experience" to all US Dealers for limited editions. No dealers can take or hold a deposit without a factory approved name. Once name is approved the dealer can take a deposit for that person only.
ZERO open VIN /cars to be named - if there was an open VIN / allocation I would have it according to HQ NA written.
Will probably get in trouble but could care less.
The dealers hoped for more allocations or in their words it was allowed to "gather eggs" - there are none worldwide to give.

I am sorry this is happening and being a part of a crappy situation. Trust me!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Both the local dealers by me have had their allocations and customer spec's submitted a long time ago.

One other person recently told me that he had deposits at two different Mac dealers and that they returned it to him about two weeks ago (he was on a wait list and told to be ready in case one of the existing customers dropped out).

Your dealer (if willing); can give you a screenshot of your name in the internal Mclaren system.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Here is Brooks getting to do the MSO session like some of us did. Gulf looks bad ass and glad he upped the spec on the Napier. Still getting off cheap at 440k for a good looking Napier with a much nicer interior than his coupe.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Both the local dealers by me have had their allocations and customer spec's submitted a long time ago.

One other person recently told me that he had deposits at two different Mac dealers and that they returned it to him about two weeks ago (he was on a wait list and told to be ready in case one of the existing customers dropped out).

Your dealer (if willing); can give you a screenshot of your name in the internal Mclaren system.
That is great advice - wish I would have had that prior
O'Gara from my understanding terminated the "issue" as Mclaren / O'Gara had no idea of the allocation commitment.
Mclaren is working hard to do the right thing and I appreciate the honesty and integrity.
I have chatted with more than a few that are in like kind situations and 100% confident Mclaren cares as much about it's customers as their customers care about them.
After speaking with more than a few upper mgmt - it is crystal clear they want to build relationships.

·
Registered
966 Posts
O'Gara from my understanding terminated the "issue" as Mclaren / O'Gara had no idea of the allocation.
Mclaren is working hard to do the right thing and I appreciate the honesty and integrity.
I have chatted with more than a few that are in like kind situations - I am confident Mclaren cares as much about it's customers as their customers care about them.
After speaking with more than a few upper mgmt - it is crystal clear they want to build relationships.
It seems that Mclaren cares more than the dealers/salespeople.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
O'Gara from my understanding terminated the "issue" as Mclaren / O'Gara had no idea of the allocation commitment.
I have chatted with more than a few that are in like kind situations and 100% confident Mclaren cares as much about it's customers as their customers care about them.
I think your particular situation is a bit unique with the dealership. I know another person at a different dealer who sold hi 765 coupe through the dealer with a promise of 765 spider and in his words he got "screwed"... Sold the coupe but didn't get the 765 spider allocation.

Its not specific to mclaren. I know another who paid $30K above MSRP for a brand new Urus with the promise of STO at MSRP. When it came time to STO spec then the "situation changed" and now they want over $50K MSRP for the allocation.

Reactions: Michaelj

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It seems that Mclaren cares more than the dealers/salespeople.
Negative. Dealers have been doing the right thing with customers. It doesn't seem that Mclaren has held back many allocations for customers that they picked themselves. This was an issue with Speedtail and definitely an issue with Senna. The old management seemed to take care of people who told them how great they were rather then the $$$ they spent on buying mclaren cars... (many people received Senna's directly from Mclaren personnel who would no way have received them if it was dealer decision).

Reactions: Michaelj

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ok here is my Spider. Got a bit carried away on options but this is going to be my keeper for a while so what the hell! Let me know your guys thoughts! Volcano Red, black pack and interior carbon everywhere. Thanks everyone!
That looks awesome and game over for the rest of us 😢

2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #897 ·
Ok here is my Spider. Got a bit carried away on options but this is going to be my keeper for a while so what the hell! Let me know your guys thoughts! Volcano Red, black pack and interior carbon everywhere. Thanks everyone!
That looks pretty damn good, one of my favorite specs easily!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks amazing. I went with a stripe design as well, except in carbon. I can’t wait to see pictures of all the different builds once deliveries start. Again, really nice!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Question for anyone who was able to modify a color via MSO:

If adding metallic, what types of options do you have? Can you choose the flake color, flake size amount, etc?

Was able to finally get a last minute MSO session on the books and want to think through a few options beforehand.

881 - 900 of 929 Posts