McLaren Life banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was that a version of Porsche Oak Green metallic?

That looks great. What did you end up with?
yes, McLaren’s version of Porsche Oak Green. I loved the render, but then saw the paint sample and realised that it only really worked in very bright conditions - it was too dark and looked almost black when not in sunlight, which isn’t the look I want to go for.

I will share the renders of my spec when they arrive, I have stuck with the green but it won’t look dark in any situation!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gorgeous! A green metallic was in my top 3 choices but I feel like it would be fun for a while and then I'd want brighter...but any time I see a photo/render such as this it gets me thinking...
Yes, I came to the same conclusion! The render goes look great though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am just awaiting my render of my final spec - aiming for mid 2022 delivery. Here is one of my previous iterations - I moved on from this as I wanted something brighter. View attachment 216317
I got the render of the brighter green and just kept coming back to this one. The brighter one just didn’t work as well. So, I have stuck with the dark green - a few subtle changes in spec vs the above render but looking forward to receipt it in mid ‘22.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am awaiting final renders pending some testing/experimenting with the paint. I went Anniversary Orange but my request was to make it a bit brighter (just a hint more yellow) and increased yellow/gold metallics. Fingers crossed it all works out.

One my favorite discoveries was the ability to do a la carte black pack items. Went up to carbon pack 3 and then anything not carbon will be black pack.

One little easter egg...let's see who finds it (it's not that tough).
Stunning - great spec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts