McLaren Life banner

1101 - 1116 of 1116 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
There was an owner with both 720S and 765LT at Fontana Auto Club Speedway (California) recently and apparently he was faster in his 720.
Probably just not confident yet to push hard his new 765LT.

·
Registered
428 Posts
As someone who isn't getting a 765 but holding my 720 I personally wouldn't care if they are the same ish speed. The point is the 765 is a bit more awesome in many other ways regardless. Happy for the Fellas that are waiting and getting their cars. Will be nothing but awesome fun!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
If track performance is of paramount consideration and yet simultaneous road driving demeanor still weighs significantly and Chris Harris' evaluations are taken seriously, purchasing a Senna would be a poor choice. In his comparison of the Senna to the 605S GT3 car, he concluded that the Senna was afflicted with copious amounts of understeer and was much slower around the track. As a road car, he opined that the Senna is " flabby and unconnected and not remotely pleasant on the road". Do owners of the Senna concur? Does this sound familiar? This seems to echo his sentiments about the 765LT.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If track performance is of paramount consideration and yet simultaneous road driving demeanor still weighs significantly and Chris Harris' evaluations are taken seriously, purchasing a Senna would be a poor choice. In his comparison of the Senna to the 605S GT3 car, he concluded that the Senna was afflicted with copious amounts of understeer and was much slower around the track. As a road car, he opined that the Senna is " flabby and unconnected and not remotely pleasant on the road". Do owners of the Senna concur? Does this sound familiar? This seems to echo his sentiments about the 765LT.
Senna isn’t pleasant on the road in the typical road car sense. Unconnected is probably the last adjective I’d used to describe the experience. The interior vibrates and buzzes, is devoid of any carpeting and the engine feels like it’s directly bolted to the tub (because it is).

One gets the feeling while driving that it doesn’t belong on public roads and expect to be pulled over at any moment just for how it looks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Senna isn’t pleasant on the road in the typical road car sense. Unconnected is probably the last adjective I’d used to describe the experience. The interior vibrates and buzzes, is devoid of any carpeting and the engine feels like it’s directly bolted to the tub (because it is).

One gets the feeling while driving that it doesn’t belong on public roads and expect to be pulled over at any moment just for how it looks.
Sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
222 Posts
The point being made by my post is not to disparage the Senna, but to reveal that Harris seems to be repeating history with his current opinions about the 765. He opines that both the Senna and the 765 are not stellar, genuine track cars and concommitantly are not enjoyable on the road, thereby questioning their purpose.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The point being made by my post is not to disparage the Senna, but to reveal that Harris seems to be repeating history with his current opinions about the 765. He opines that both the Senna and the 765 are not stellar, genuine track cars and concommitantly are not enjoyable on the road, thereby questioning their purpose.
The purpose of these cars is to bring happiness to their owners. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,287 Posts
harris is a dipshit. No road cars, then, are “good” track cars, because any cheap crap old f3 car will destroy them. And if the senna isn’t a good track car, nothing is. His new direction is of someone that’s gorged themselves on so may top meals from top restaurants (never having to had paid for them himself), that now to get a thrill he wants to tell you about the virtues of some crap shack that’s been closed down by the board of health. Pass.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Is there any truth in the story that Harris turned anti-McLaren when his racing partner was dropped by McLaren?

And then Harris' tune changed towards Aston, when he started driving for them?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bias is a prevalent human trait. It may accrue through personal preferences or associations or alternatively due to monetary influence. I would be hesitant to ascribe any unsubstantiated motive to Harris.

1101 - 1116 of 1116 Posts