McLaren Life banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
well let’s put it this way, they found a technically reason to somehow justify its existence and not just tell it’s a purely cosmetic item - additional cooling only would make sense if the 765LT would suffer from heat problems on track and decreased power output as a result ... I would very much question Mclarens Engineering capabilities if that is the case with the regular 765LT without scoop ...
According to my experience, Senna is the only one doesn't suffer from heat problems. All others suffer big time and very noticeable power loss during hot days, let's say comparing to 2RS. I would be amazed if the 765lt doesn't.

Still, I would not choose the roof scoop for its function. For me, personally, I think all the roof scoop is one of the coolest features Mclaren has to offer.
In 765LT case, the roof scoop is like carbon fiber. If you like it? Go for it. If it's not worth the $35k + tax? Leave it out. Simple answer, there's no right or wrong.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
According to my experience, Senna is the only one doesn't suffer from heat problems. All others suffer big time and very noticeable power loss during hot days, let's say comparing to 2RS. I would be amazed if the 765lt doesn't.

Still, I would not choose the roof scoop for its function. For me, personally, I think all the roof scoop is one of the coolest features Mclaren has to offer.
In 765LT case, the roof scoop is like carbon fiber. If you like it? Go for it. If it's not worth the $35k + tax? Leave it out. Simple answer, there's no right or wrong.
2rs suffers massively once it runs out of water for the intercooler spray system - which can be after an amazingly short time on a hot day (some ppl got it to cut power after less than 40km on track)

Reactions: brezelpaul

·
Registered
41 Posts
2rs suffers massively once it runs out of water for the intercooler spray system - which can be after an amazingly short time on a hot day (some ppl got it to cut power after less than 40km on track)
2RS's water tank will last 20-25 min of hot lap. I wish it could last longer but it's better than massive power loss from Mac. Waiting for the MR kit to arrive, i think it comes with bigger tank for more spray 😂
Refilling the tank isn't the worst part. Track marshalls black flagging for "potential coolant leak" has been the most annoying thing I experienced in the 2RS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've seen Helios on 720 Spider when it first came out (dealer launch party). Helios is very similar to Sebring Orange on a C7 ZR1, more vibrant than Nardo. Helios has some light metallic I think, but you can't compare them to the opulence of Volcano Orange.

Reactions: ksp

·
Registered
77 Posts
can someone help expain to me the MSO LT Black Pack? From what the description says, those pieces are in a black color correct? But it says you can get gloss CF as a no cost option. If you do this, it seems cheaper than selecting those items as CF? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
can someone help expain to me the MSO LT Black Pack? From what the description says, those pieces are in a black color correct? But it says you can get gloss CF as a no cost option. If you do this, it seems cheaper than selecting those items as CF? Am I missing something?
mso black pack is any palladium color part will be gloss black instead

·
Registered
468 Posts
mso black pack is any palladium color part will be gloss black instead
What they mean (I think) is if you pay for all the parts in CF then those CF parts, eg front splitter, can be painted gloss black, ie black pack, with no charge - defeats the object of the CF visual but maybe some would like gloss black and the weight savings.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've seen Helios on 720 Spider when it first came out (dealer launch party). Helios is very similar to Sebring Orange on a C7 ZR1, more vibrant than Nardo. Helios has some light metallic I think, but you can't compare them to the opulence of Volcano Orange.
Thanks VRP, I'm after orange on a 765 but most unimpressed by any of the oranges in the configurator. Azores which I like on my 720 will cost at least MSO money which I don't think it is worth. I'm hoping I can get VO but I'm not willing to pay more than the MSO paint price ($21K here in Australia for he privilege!). How much did you pay for VR on your 720? Was it the basic MSO paint price or was there a further premium? Waiting for the dealer to get back to me on this. The lack of colour sample availability is Pi.....ng me off no end in this process!

Also are you certain the 720 spider you saw was Helios as opposed to Azores? Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What they mean (I think) is if you pay for all the parts in CF then those CF parts, eg front splitter, can be painted gloss black, ie black pack, with no charge - defeats the object of the CF visual but maybe some would like gloss black and the weight savings.
My understanding is if you order the MSO black pack is that not only all the palladium but also the exterior CF pack 1 (mirrors, hood vents and rear fender intakes) will be black instead of CF but you can opt for those to be changed back to visual CF at no extra cost.

My question about the black pack is what the gloss black components are made of. When standard palladium they are plain plastic but the high cost of the black pack has me wondering if they are painted CF instead?

·
Registered
Mantis Green 570S 2016, Fistral Blue 600LT 2019, Amethyst Black 765LT in progres
31 Posts
My understanding is if you order the MSO black pack is that not only all the palladium but also the exterior CF pack 1 (mirrors, hood vents and rear fender intakes) will be black instead of CF but you can opt for those to be changed back to visual CF at no extra cost.

My question about the black pack is what the gloss black components are made of. When standard palladium they are plain plastic but the high cost of the black pack has me wondering if they are painted CF instead?

·
Registered
Mantis Green 570S 2016, Fistral Blue 600LT 2019, Amethyst Black 765LT in progres
31 Posts
These are CF painted in gloss black

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks VRP, I'm after orange on a 765 but most unimpressed by any of the oranges in the configurator. Azores which I like on my 720 will cost at least MSO money which I don't think it is worth. I'm hoping I can get VO but I'm not willing to pay more than the MSO paint price ($21K here in Australia for he privilege!). How much did you pay for VR on your 720? Was it the basic MSO paint price or was there a further premium? Waiting for the dealer to get back to me on this. The lack of colour sample availability is Pi.....ng me off no end in this process!

Also are you certain the 720 spider you saw was Helios as opposed to Azores? Thanks.
Paid $12,359, which was a few hundred dollars lower than the 1st VR delivered coupe from my dealer which was closer to $13k. Because it is a 'Heritage Paint,' and consists of 13 coats of paint, 5 black base, 4 Supernova Silver, 4 red tinted clear coat. No physical red paint is even present. Our car is fully PPF'd. 3 VR coupes and 1 VR spider were delivered through my dealer.

And yes, 100% the 720 Spider at the launch party was Helios Orange. Here is a screenshot from the video I took that night, just after my salesman Matt in the video says it's Helios. ;)

helios.JPG

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is a video of a Helios spider in the afternoon sun, taken at my dealer.
http://instagr.am/p/B5dxpleJppL/ It looks a little scarlet depending on how intense the light is.
Photo of the same press car I saw at the launch event, photo taken by my salesman when at Amelia Island.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks VRP. That's very helpful. Looks quite different to the configurator. Helios is not what I am after. I'm leaning more to VO now.

Reactions: VRP14
61 - 74 of 74 Posts