McLaren Life banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
still think that VO is the best orange McLaren ever made ... seen it on P1, 675LT and 720s so far ... always looked great
I've had both Azores and Volcano Orange. I personally feel Volcano Orange is better and better over Helios. (Disclaimer: I am not getting any Orange on my 765LT).

Reactions: ksp

·
Registered
Mantis Green 570S 2016, Fistral Blue 600LT 2019, Amethyst Black 765LT in progres
31 Posts
I've had both Azores and Volcano Orange. I personally feel Volcano Orange is better and better over Helios. (Disclaimer: I am not getting any Orange on my 765LT).
What color did you choose?

·
Registered
77 Posts
yea, I had a conversation with the solvency of the company and the picture painted was rosy but he did qualify that who knows for sure from the people at the top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s where I’m at and why I bought a 600LT a couple months ago at a huge discount. Will watch for a one year old 756LT when the time comes.

Also, agreed on Volcano Orange. Just an awesome color and what I would choose if I were buying a new one.

As far as Senna brakes, are the calipers different/better? If so, I could see getting them and getting some Surface Transform rotors right away and put the stock ones on the shelf.
hello. please if you would did you buy your 600LT new? and if so about how much off msrp did you negotiate? was a trade invoved. thank you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
hello. please if you would did you buy your 600LT new? and if so about how much off msrp did you negotiate? was a trade invoved. thank you.
I bought it used, no trade. Less than a year old with about 2300 miles. 360k msrp, I paid 235k.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought it used, no trade. Less than a year old with about 2300 miles. 360k msrp, I paid 235k.
$ 360K is a high MSRP. Did you purchase a coupe of spider? Assume it's also a heavily optioned car, and do you mind sharing list of options and dollar value. We all know a big part of the depreciation hit is a laundry list of carbon fiber options, roof scoops, Senna seats, ect. that add little or no value when comes time to sell/trade. The flip side is you get most of that for free so well done!

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's a coupe, very heavily optioned. Roof scoop, fender vents, every CF option, Senna seats, etc.

Also, that $360k doesn't include a lot of aftermarket extras the previous owner put on it, such as Novitech pipes, Novitech stage 2 tune, full PPF, ceramic coat, a set of Vossen wheels and Pilot Sport 4S tires, full integrated radar detector and laser jammer system, etc.

Lower spec coupes are selling for even less than what I paid, but I love CF and am a sucker for the options! :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
$ 360K is a high MSRP. Did you purchase a coupe of spider? Assume it's also a heavily optioned car, and do you mind sharing list of options and dollar value. We all know a big part of the depreciation hit is a laundry list of carbon fiber options, roof scoops, Senna seats, ect. that add little or no value when comes time to sell/trade. The flip side is you get most of that for free so well done!
His is not a typical car. I knew the first owner of the car. I follow the second owner on instagram who bought the car and now LRHunter owns the car

to LRHunter - Novitech is in Oregon so was this their shop car that they used their products to advertise?

I had bought a Scud with the full novitech products (it was owned by novitech) that had a $150K package on it. (I no longer own it).

It's a fantastic looking car btw and congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thank you! I don't think it was a Novitech shop car. 503 Motoring in Beaverton did all the work on it for the previous owner.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's ugly, it's not functional (in a good way), it blocks rear vision and it's ridiculously expensive. What is there to like about it?

Reactions: Scrappy

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's ugly, it's not functional (in a good way), it blocks rear vision and it's ridiculously expensive. What is there to like about it?
Agreed. It sits too far back and looks awkward. It’s no coincidence that neither launch cars have it.

Was hoping for a scoop similar to the 600LT’s but the roof structure and layout makes it a no-go.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It’s not even an intake snorkel.
No it is not an intake snorkel, but it provides cooling and according to Mso on track it can lower the engine Temp of more then 10 degrees, just by the effect of blowing fresh air on tope of the hote engine. And this is an extra cooling witch you simple dont have without the scoop. In my eyes the intake snorke on the 675lt and the 600lt are completly unnecessary as there is already enough intake are to the engine without the snorkel, where on the 765lt you have am extra engine cooling.
I for my part chose the scoop on the 765lt

·
Registered
327 Posts
No it is not an intake snorkel, but it provides cooling and according to Mso on track it can lower the engine Temp of more then 10 degrees, just by the effect of blowing fresh air on tope of the hote engine. And this is an extra cooling witch you simple dont have without the scoop. In my eyes the intake snorke on the 675lt and the 600lt are completly unnecessary as there is already enough intake are to the engine without the snorkel, where on the 765lt you have am extra engine cooling.
To each their own. I’m not looking for that extra 10th of a second on track and am not about to spend $30k+ for something I think looks weird and adds little to no aural benefit from the cockpit

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
well let’s put it this way, they found a technically reason to somehow justify its existence and not just tell it’s a purely cosmetic item - additional cooling only would make sense if the 765LT would suffer from heat problems on track and decreased power output as a result ... I would very much question Mclarens Engineering capabilities if that is the case with the regular 765LT without scoop ...

Reactions: Scrappy

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Senna calipers are standard on the 765. If you option the brake upgrade you get the Senna discs (I think all 4 but would like someone to confirm this) which have better thermal conductivity and I've heard longer life. You also get the Senna pads. The calipers remain the standard ones all 765s get.

From the product guide...……………...

View attachment 203473

Back to my previous question, can anyone who has seen it in real life confirm if Nardo is a solid colour?
It’s a solid colour. I received the attached slide from McLaren in response to my inquiry regarding smoked white. Unfortunately they didn’t have a paint sample prior to my order being locked so I’m relying entirely on the configurator and this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
well let’s put it this way, they found a technically reason to somehow justify its existence and not just tell it’s a purely cosmetic item - additional cooling only would make sense if the 765LT would suffer from heat problems on track and decreased power output as a result ... I would very much question Mclarens Engineering capabilities if that is the case with the regular 765LT without scoop ...
Then you have to question. 675lt 2 rounds of Nordschleife, heat problems, limp mode.
That is around 16minutes of full trhottle...

Having fresh air blowing aditional on tope of the eninge and reducing heat isnt a bad thing for extended Track driving

41 - 60 of 74 Posts