McLaren Life banner

765LT and the many options. Spider anticipation

18K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  V8Rental 
#1 ·
Through youtube and journalists we've been privileged to see a lot of early content on a car that hasn't been delivered yet even to the best of collectors. I think the main takeaways from this car are the numerous options that have been made available to owners and the world renowned MSO program that in my opinion have really shown bright on cars like the Senna and P1 with the paint work and custom carbon. The full titanium exhaust from factory all the way from the headers down and the unique 4 exhaust ports there's so many details on these cars that can't really be shown in an article or youtube video. I'm looking forward to seeing the Spider and what kind of curb weight increase it will have VS the coupe and the parallel to the 720S pair. Local dealers have had most coupes spoken for at this point and as usual US will be speaking for about 30-40% of the allocations. I've made a couple specs online and just wanted to share them for the sake of creativity that is possible in this car. (Note some colors could be matched through MSO as not all stitching/calipers etc is exact body colors.) Curaçao Blue has been a favorite of mine for a while and I'm sure a MSO satin blue carbon interior/exterior in this spec would be absolutely stunning. The colors shown in these are 'Smoked White, 'Curaçao Blue' and 'Papaya Spark'. Any owners or prospective owners eyeing the Spider in the future or a used coupe feel free to share your thoughts! ?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

See less See more
#2 ·
Spider deliveries are out at least 18 months if not more at this Point ... guess we are already lucky if we see first customer coupes by the end of Q3 beginning of Q4 2020 at the dealers ... most will not arrive in 2020 anyway ...

#3 ·
I think you’re spot on expect collectors to get first dibs on delivery dates unless spec is higher pushing it back. I know a YouTuber by the name of Randy Savage of Savage Garage is looking to be one of the first US deliveries and kept his spec light.

#9 ·
I think Mac may be listening to their dealer network that was a little frustrated at the pace of the 600LT Spider coming out so quickly after the Coupe. Most people who ordered 600LT Coupe’s had not even gotten their cars and the Spider was already unveiled. I bet McLaren delivers a lot of 765LT Coupes before unveiling the Spider. Apparently the 680s, which is the replacement for the 570s, is nearly finished as well so they’ve got a good pipeline of things coming out.

#10 ·
Everyone knows there will be a spider of the 765LT ... no need to wait very long - however I just imagine they will either present it at Winterball 2020 or 12 months after the coupe to have some time in between ... we also know how 98% of the car will look like, with the only thing not to be sure about is how the body shell above the engine will look like, and what rood options there will be ... its also anticipated that it will be the same 30-35k more than the coupe and very likely be not more expensive than a scooped coupe ... so not a big secret at all if one does not believe in that McLaren will suddenly totally change their product lineup and habits, which is quiet unlikely if you ask me ...

#12 ·
Definitely get the full carbon sills, they're not much more expensive than the short carbon sills and look so much better. And they're very expensive to add later. Just plan on having satin PPF applied to them to prevent scratches.

Senna seats make more sense on the 765LT than the 600LT, given the door design.

Roof scoop looks weird on the 765LT, and it apparently doesn't feed air into the engine. It's still cool but not sure it makes sense if priced similar to other models, plus the design looks like it would block the view of the center rear. I was hoping it would be more similar to the Senna design.

#18 ·
Not a big fan of cf wing and hood ... screams GT2rs to me ... besides that both look cool but I think the white one would have the edge

#21 ·
I like the carbon hood and wing on the GT3 RS/GT2 RS. For some reason it works on those cars. But not on the 765LT, especially the wing. I feel like the rear wing looks so nicely integrated into the body work that it’s jarring to have it not be body colored.

As far as colors, I’m not real crazy about any of the ones available on the configurator. I’d probably go the MSO route with Volcano Orange, or maybe red. White is just boring. The blue doesn’t look bad though.

#23 ·
Paris Blue (which looks like Bugatti Blue if you ask me) looks good with orange accents in the configurator

#24 ·
Not based on facts but probably what we will see: Maybe will keep the glass buttresses but those are heavy ?

#25 ·
True Volcano yellow is a favorite of mine although I think if they keep in line with the 720S spider the weight increase should be >100 pounds and probably weigh less than a 720S coupe in a good specification.
Not based on facts but probably what we will see: Maybe will keep the glass buttresses but those are heavy ?

View attachment 200286

View attachment 200287

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.