McLaren Life banner

141 - 160 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The local Ferrari dealer in my area currently has five Pista's on the floor for sale and I'm sure any one of them can be had at a nice discount. Other than very limited hyper cars you should expect depreciation as part of the cost of ownership. Best way I know to bend the curve is buy pre-owned or resist checking all the options boxes when purchasing new.
[/
it depends what else you got going on. Generally I find hard too spider is about 2-3 times more fun than the coupe. Lol.
I was gonna get the spider but ultimately I went with coupe cuz I want that roofscoop. Plus I already have pista spider to cover the open top.
roof is always better when its not there, agreed!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just dont see the point. $8K USD for a small glass window to see the engine? it just seems stupid, quite frankly it should be stock in this car.
I agree. Small options like this should have been free of charge.

I went for the glass window cuz you know what. The whole 765 is not even a smart purchase why not doing it in a full stupid mode just get what I want. Lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

I went for the glass window cuz you know what. The whole 765 is not even a smart purchase why not doing it in a full stupid mode just get what I want. Lol
Good point

·
Registered
283 Posts

I'm almost seeing it that way. If I can be convinced it significantly increases engine/exhaust sounds in the cabin I might be convinced to fork out the 18 grand here but at this stage there is no way to tell other than what the marketing types will tell us.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm almost seeing it that way. If I can be convinced it significantly increases engine/exhaust sounds in the cabin I might be convinced to fork out the 18 grand here but at this stage there is no way to tell other than what the marketing types will tell us.
i think ppl shouldn't worry much about this option. if you like it, got $8k or 18k in your case extra, go for it. I don't think the car would feel missing anything without this option tbh.
for the exhaust note. i would rather spend it on an aftermarket exhaust. that proves to be a better result.

·
Registered
Mantis Green 570S 2016, Fistral Blue 600LT 2019, Amethyst Black 765LT in progres
36 Posts
Hade to take the engine window as i selected the roof scoop. Didnt want the window, but no window no roofscoop.
So selected both at the end
well done :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The GT was a strange choice to make. The 570GT didn’t really sell so you would have thought that they would have taken the hint.
Let’s face it if we want a GT we are going 812, Aston or Bentley.
Have a 720s and the new Aston Vantage. Agreed completely on the GT. 720s is my daily driver and has 10,000 miles on it in two years. I never thought about needing a more comfortable car.

That being said, would be amazing if McLaren had taken over Aston. Then the Vantage would be 500-700 lbs lighter, the brakes would be better, they would have dialed in the suspension, and upped the power on the engine, and now you truly have a GT that you can differentiate, if at least on looks and extra cargo space.

Every time I want to get rid of the Aston I look at it and remember why I love it. Then when I drive it I can only think of how much better the car could have been in the right hands.

The only plus is that the Aston ride height is so high compared to the 720s that I feel like I'm in an SUV so I never have to worry about curbs and driveways 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any possibility this late in the game to get a 765LT build slot? Talked to my local dealer awhile ago (Scottsdale) and he basically laughed at me. Have never owned a Mac, so this would be the first one. Mostly Porsche's in my garage.

·
Registered
283 Posts
In the US I think they are selling well and there may be no immediate spots in the current round of offers but I don't think all 765 have been sold so more slots may come up in future rounds, possibly re-allocated to US from slots not taken up in ROW or even people who pull out.

See McLaren's 1st Half 2020 Results | karenable , see towards the end of the piece.

Make your serious interest known to a couple of dealers, perhaps a deposit might help if you're really keen.

Reactions: McClown

·
Registered
385 Posts
Any possibility this late in the game to get a 765LT build slot? Talked to my local dealer awhile ago (Scottsdale) and he basically laughed at me. Have never owned a Mac, so this would be the first one. Mostly Porsche's in my garage.
Yes, call around and you can get an allocation. A lot of dealers had allocations unfilled and other dealers had cancellations and allocation reopen back up. Scottsdale may have been blowing you off but I bet if you walk in with a check for a 20k deposit an allocation may magically appear.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
170 Posts
Yes, call around and you can get an allocation. A lot of dealers had allocations unfilled and other dealers had cancellations and allocation reopen back up. Scottsdale may have been blowing you off but I bet if you walk in with a check for a 20k deposit an allocation may magically appear.
I’m not so sure that’s true at the Scottsdale dealership. They are coming off of record sales the last two months. I’ve bought two new Macs from them and I inquired about a 765LT allocation back in January and they said I would be number 22 on the list. I consider Eilon and Jared to be pretty straight up guys...and don’t think they’d blow smoke as they’ve pretty straight forward up to this point in my experience.

Obviously every dealer is different and demand is different in different parts of the country/world. I have a feeling there will be plenty of demand for the 765LT. There are still lots of people who havent been affected by COVID. In fact many have thrived.

Having said all of that...call around and see...but I have a feeling it will be challenging. Cheers!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I’m not so sure that’s true at the Scottsdale dealership. They are coming off of record sales the last two months. I’ve bought two new Macs from them and I inquired about a 765LT allocation back in January and they said I would be number 22 on the list. I consider Eilon and Jared to be pretty straight up guys...and don’t think they’d blow smoke as they’ve pretty straight forward up to this point in my experience.

Obviously every dealer is different and demand is different in different parts of the country/world. I have a feeling there will be plenty of demand for the 765LT. There are still lots of people who havent been affected by COVID. In fact many have thrived.

Having said all of that...call around and see...but I have a feeling it will be challenging. Cheers!
Things were very different in January. I’d be interested to know where they tell you are on the list now. Scottsdale is a very busy dealership and other dealership are very slow and have tons of 720s sitting on the showroom floor that they can’t move. I know first Hand that allocations are available from at least 2 different dealers. They have Had allocations go unspoken for and cancellations. i Have the option of moving from a January build/march delivery to a December delivery due to a cancellation. Now i just have to decide on the color!

·
Registered
Mantis Green 570S 2016, Fistral Blue 600LT 2019, Amethyst Black 765LT in progres
36 Posts
Which colors do you prefer?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Which colors do you prefer?
My 12c was Mclaren orange, 650s was volcano orange, 720s was quartz, Ferrari 458 and 812 were rosso corsa, 488 was Grigio silverstone and the current Pista is Rosso corsa. So I was thinking of going in a different direction and have narrowed it down between the Burton blue or Paris blue, I think. I was leaning towards Burton Blue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think there must have been a bunch of cancellations stateside. in March, I was too far down the list and was given almost no chance of an allocation. Now they are rushing me to complete my spec so that I can get the car early next year. Sadly, many of the core customers are deeply affected by COVID (restaurant and bar/club owners, gym owners, certain real estate sectors, hospitality, etc).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Burton Bl
My 12c was Mclaren orange, 650s was volcano orange, 720s was quartz, Ferrari 458 and 812 were rosso corsa, 488 was Grigio silverstone and the current Pista is Rosso corsa. So I was thinking of going in a different direction and have narrowed it down between the Burton blue or Paris blue, I think. I was leaning towards Burton Blue.
Burton blue is awesome, my last car was a Fistral blue 600LT. I like the blue colors. My next car will be a Amethyst black one :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think there must have been a bunch of cancellations stateside. in March, I was too far down the list and was given almost no chance of an allocation. Now they are rushing me to complete my spec so that I can get the car early next year. Sadly, many of the core customers are deeply affected by COVID (restaurant and bar/club owners, gym owners, certain real estate sectors, hospitality, etc).
I imagine a lot of people would have had to cancel. Here in the UK as well. It is very sad for everyone concerned. It is strange though because my dealer here in the UK told me that their allocation has been cut by about 40% with the cars going to the USA. I wonder why Mclaren would do that, if there were lots of cars not sold in the US. He seemed pretty miffed as he said he had customers for those cars. As ever it is hard to find out what is really going on.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
488 Posts
Have you seen Memphis red?

I’m not generally into red cars but my eyes kept drifing back to a 720 at McCharlotte. Striking.

141 - 160 of 242 Posts