McLaren Life banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The local Ferrari dealer in my area currently has five Pista's on the floor for sale and I'm sure any one of them can be had at a nice discount. Other than very limited hyper cars you should expect depreciation as part of the cost of ownership. Best way I know to bend the curve is buy pre-owned or resist checking all the options boxes when purchasing new.
[/
it depends what else you got going on. Generally I find hard too spider is about 2-3 times more fun than the coupe. Lol.
I was gonna get the spider but ultimately I went with coupe cuz I want that roofscoop. Plus I already have pista spider to cover the open top.
roof is always better when its not there, agreed!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just dont see the point. $8K USD for a small glass window to see the engine? it just seems stupid, quite frankly it should be stock in this car.
I agree. Small options like this should have been free of charge.

I went for the glass window cuz you know what. The whole 765 is not even a smart purchase why not doing it in a full stupid mode just get what I want. Lol

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

I went for the glass window cuz you know what. The whole 765 is not even a smart purchase why not doing it in a full stupid mode just get what I want. Lol
Good point

·
Registered
160 Posts

I'm almost seeing it that way. If I can be convinced it significantly increases engine/exhaust sounds in the cabin I might be convinced to fork out the 18 grand here but at this stage there is no way to tell other than what the marketing types will tell us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm almost seeing it that way. If I can be convinced it significantly increases engine/exhaust sounds in the cabin I might be convinced to fork out the 18 grand here but at this stage there is no way to tell other than what the marketing types will tell us.
i think ppl shouldn't worry much about this option. if you like it, got $8k or 18k in your case extra, go for it. I don't think the car would feel missing anything without this option tbh.
for the exhaust note. i would rather spend it on an aftermarket exhaust. that proves to be a better result.

·
Registered
Mantis Green 570S 2016, Fistral Blue 600LT 2019, Amethyst Black 765LT in progres
29 Posts
Hade to take the engine window as i selected the roof scoop. Didnt want the window, but no window no roofscoop.
So selected both at the end
well done :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The GT was a strange choice to make. The 570GT didn’t really sell so you would have thought that they would have taken the hint.
Let’s face it if we want a GT we are going 812, Aston or Bentley.
Have a 720s and the new Aston Vantage. Agreed completely on the GT. 720s is my daily driver and has 10,000 miles on it in two years. I never thought about needing a more comfortable car.

That being said, would be amazing if McLaren had taken over Aston. Then the Vantage would be 500-700 lbs lighter, the brakes would be better, they would have dialed in the suspension, and upped the power on the engine, and now you truly have a GT that you can differentiate, if at least on looks and extra cargo space.

Every time I want to get rid of the Aston I look at it and remember why I love it. Then when I drive it I can only think of how much better the car could have been in the right hands.

The only plus is that the Aston ride height is so high compared to the 720s that I feel like I'm in an SUV so I never have to worry about curbs and driveways 😂

141 - 148 of 148 Posts