McLaren Life banner

81 - 100 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I was just told that my dealer is ready to place my order and now I am having second thoughts on my color combo. I wish Mclaren had all of the available colors online.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was just told that my dealer is ready to place my order and now I am having second thoughts on my color combo. I wish Mclaren had all of the available colors online.
I'm in the same situation. No samples for most of the 765 colours at the dealer so you would have expected better close up online photographs and descriptions. Interior colour options also very limited and dull compared with the 675, especially with the leather versions. Then we can start on the limited brake caliper colours.....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Curacao blue with McLaren Orange calipers w/dove and some orange in the interior. I'd really like to know what other options there are before pulling the trigger.
Don't pull the trigger on that spec.... It is already taken -:)

Reactions: Capsfan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Curacao blue with McLaren Orange calipers w/dove and some orange in the interior. I'd really like to know what other options there are before pulling the trigger.
Looking at a similar (or Lantana) but cant get my head around the CF options and pricing for what is essentially visuals only. Seriously considering no CF and rather spending on other stuff

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Looking at a similar (or Lantana) but cant get my head around the CF options and pricing for what is essentially visuals only. Seriously considering no CF and rather spending on other stuff
I get it but I think I will regret not having the CF. I have all of those boxes checked + Senna seats.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm having a few second thoughts on options for the 765LT...leaning heavily towards Nardo Orange because I think it looks amazing on the LT and it's an exclusive color as well. Lantana Purple has always been my favorite but perhaps not sporty enough for this car?

I'm thinking a bit of contrast with the calipers using McLaren Orange? Or play it safe and go Nardo Orange on calipers as well hmm...

Senna seats are a must for me, but thinking to skip the color interior options and keep it all business inside with black alcantara and stitching and save $3k in the process and put that money towards CF option 2 in the interior.

I'm torn on the 360 park assist? I've heard someone say it's not that great on the McLaren. Wondering if the back up camera and parking sensors is plenty to avoid any disasters. I am paranoid of parking curbs though and front cam would be nice, but if the parking sensors are low enough to detect the parking blocks that would suffice.

Lastly, exterior CF options. This is tough! I really don't want to go crazy on options but I will add the exterior CF 3, but struggle to check the $24k CF 2 option. I just don't know how dark palladium will look with Nardo Orange. Is that supposed to be the closest match in shade to CF?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I get it but I think I will regret not having the CF. I have all of those boxes checked + Senna seats.
Exterior CF bits on the LT is a must in my opinion if you consider the car as a long term keeper (as I do). You may regret looking at the palladium finish until the day you finally sell the car.

I opted for the P1 seats as I find them for more comfortable and attractive than the Senna seats.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm having a few second thoughts on options for the 765LT...leaning heavily towards Nardo Orange because I think it looks amazing on the LT and it's an exclusive color as well. Lantana Purple has always been my favorite but perhaps not sporty enough for this car?

I'm thinking a bit of contrast with the calipers using McLaren Orange? Or play it safe and go Nardo Orange on calipers as well hmm...

Senna seats are a must for me, but thinking to skip the color interior options and keep it all business inside with black alcantara and stitching and save $3k in the process and put that money towards CF option 2 in the interior.

I'm torn on the 360 park assist? I've heard someone say it's not that great on the McLaren. Wondering if the back up camera and parking sensors is plenty to avoid any disasters. I am paranoid of parking curbs though and front cam would be nice, but if the parking sensors are low enough to detect the parking blocks that would suffice.

Lastly, exterior CF options. This is tough! I really don't want to go crazy on options but I will add the exterior CF 3, but struggle to check the $24k CF 2 option. I just don't know how dark palladium will look with Nardo Orange. Is that supposed to be the closest match in shade to CF?
I went with smoked white which is the other exclusive colour. I love the way chalk looks on my GT2 RS contrasting against all the gloss carbon with a splash of yellow from the brake calipers. I went pretty heavy on the exterior CF and selected orange calipers to achieve a similar look with the LT. This rendering is missing the front fender louvres which I also optioned.

·
Registered
36 Posts
360 camera assist on the 720 and a must have option IMHO. I would not buy a car without it.
Good to know...might reconsider then. Do you know if the 360 camera option and backup camera/parking sensors is an either or, or 360 camera is an addon to the backup and parking sensors?

I went with smoked white which is the other exclusive colour. I love the way chalk looks on my GT2 RS contrasting against all the gloss carbon with a splash of yellow from the brake calipers. I went pretty heavy on the exterior CF and selected orange calipers to achieve a similar look with the LT. This rendering is missing the front fender louvres which I also optioned.
The LT does look great in the smoked white. If I didn't want to spice it up with a bright color this go around that or Cirrus Grey would be in the running for sure.

I do intend to keep this car a long while so I need to really think if I'll regret not having the exterior carbon fiber splitter and skirts. Grrr, was trying to keep this comfortably below the $400k mark.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You must have sensors/back-up camera to get the 360. I have the 360 on my 720 and it is much better than the back up camera for judging rearward distances. Its a must have option for me.

Likewise with external CF I'm not usually big on this but for me this will be a long term keeper and my first LT so I'm going for CF2 but not 3 but I will get the headlight surrounds in CF. I have that on my 720 and quite like it. I'm giving the roof/aerobridge/diffuser/wing a miss.

I'm torn about the glazed engine window. I don't think you will be able to see through it very well from outside the car particularly if you get the privacy window which I intend to get. Plus the engine window is quite expensive. Having said that, the engine does not appear to be as easily visible from outside like on the 720. What do others think about this?

·
Registered
203 Posts
For someone who only occasionally tracks it I think they would be good but if you're heavily into tracking, iron brakes preferable unless you have very deep pockets.

Reactions: unmac
81 - 100 of 191 Posts