McLaren Life banner

61 - 80 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
The GT was a strange choice to make. The 570GT didn’t really sell so you would have thought that they would have taken the hint.
Let’s face it if we want a GT we are going 812, Aston or Bentley.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Over 1500 cars being made, unless they cut the numbers down to "just" what they built for the 675LT.

There's going to be plenty to go around, even if you don't get in the first wave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The GT was a strange choice to make. The 570GT didn’t really sell so you would have thought that they would have taken the hint.
Let’s face it if we want a GT we are going 812, Aston or Bentley.
Mhh it would not be a surprise for me if the 570gt has the lowest sales volume from the 570line up. At least for me there was not a big difference in comparison to the 570s. I mean different rims and a slightly bigger trunk and the glass roof but thats it?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I think I've only seem like one person on here buy one. To me that says it was a flop.

The sport series should have had the GT storage with everything else from the 570 etc. It didn't make sense to make people choose between the two cars that are otherwise identical. I'm actually surprised they refreshed the GT at all. Didn't see worth the time/money.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I drove a 570GT and thought it was a very boring car to drive. It felt numb to me. I admittedly did not play with any driving modes and didn't know what mode it was actually in when I drove it, but compared to my GT3RS I just found it very boring. It was too quiet, I thought the steering was terrible and the brakes paled in comparison to the PCCB's on my GT3RS. I have not driven a 570S to compare and maybe a different driving mode would have helped, but if my experience is normal for a 570GT it's no wonder they didn't sell well.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
570GT ( Sports Series)
McLaren GT

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Is the GT really much different from the 570GT though? I don't remember the press release stuff, but I thought it was still just a P13 in a new body with some slightly modifications to tuning, steering, suspension etc.

My take away was that it was not a brand new, and was still a P13 at heart.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well now how ever many GT,s they sold are being recalled. That’s not going to do the resale value any good. Along with the 720s and Senna.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Is the GT really much different from the 570GT though? I don't remember the press release stuff, but I thought it was still just a P13 in a new body with some slightly modifications to tuning, steering, suspension etc.

My take away was that it was not a brand new, and was still a P13 at heart.
Horsepower: 612 hp
Engine: 4.0 L V8
Improved interior

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I drove a 570GT and thought it was a very boring car to drive. It felt numb to me. I admittedly did not play with any driving modes and didn't know what mode it was actually in when I drove it, but compared to my GT3RS I just found it very boring. It was too quiet, I thought the steering was terrible and the brakes paled in comparison to the PCCB's on my GT3RS. I have not driven a 570S to compare and maybe a different driving mode would have helped, but if my experience is normal for a 570GT it's no wonder they didn't sell well.
Not much can be gained from dealer test drives of Mac's (other then if you fit and it is comfortable). Test drives of the raw cars (600 LT/675LT) go over much better with the general car forum enthusiast.

It's a different story with the non-LT's once you have bought them and start using them. The typical owner wants a car that they can drive, and drive a lot and the non-LT's fit that purpose.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Not much can be gained from dealer test drives of Mac's (other then if you fit and it is comfortable). Test drives of the raw cars (600 LT/675LT) go over much better with the general car forum enthusiast.

It's a different story with the non-LT's once you have bought them and start using them. The typical owner wants a car that they can drive, and drive a lot and the non-LT's fit that purpose.
Yes. The 2017 570GT had steel brake rotors and ‘soft’ suspension. Later models offered carbon brakes and a optional
‘Sport Pack:
Adaptive damping ‘S’ tune
’S’ steering
’S’ ESC calibration
Pirelli P ZeroTM Corsa tyres or Pirelli P ZeroTM tyres’
I only drove the early 570GT model on a twisty road and it didn’t compare well to the 570S. However I suspect that the Sport Pack equipped later model 570GT would have 570S handling. Also some may think that it is a better looking car than 570S?

·
Registered
310 Posts

This was a friend’s car, but I get your point. I just instantly knew it wasn’t the car for me. He likes it though, so that‘s all that matters.

I did actually just buy a 600LT and can’t wait to drive it and compare directly with my GT3RS. I should hopefully have it delivered in a few weeks.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
423 Posts
The 570 GT did have a very nice “fastback” look. A great car to own and drive I’m sure. Maybe not as sweet as the S but hardly a bad car.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I always thought the 570GT was much better looking than the 570S. Never warmed up to the buttresses and decklid of the 570S.

I really came close to leaving the dealer with one after dropping off my 12C for its new owner, but it lacked the CCB (not that I cared about the braking itself, but the small rotors just didn't fill up the wheels how I liked it to look) and the dealer was still just too far away and that really sucked with the 12C.

570GT in Pacific Blue with cream interior... really gorgeous car IMO. Wouldn't buy one nowadays, that ship sailed, but I think it's actually better looking than the new GT by a mile.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Interesting the preference for the 570GT looks.
Perhaps McLaren should have introduced the (GT) shape as a revision/upgrade of the 570S — retaining and enhancing the sport car character rather than making a dubious GT car?

61 - 80 of 191 Posts