McLaren Life banner

41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Awesome car for sure. I still think variety is the spice of life. I rather have 3-4 sweet cars, than one grail car. YMMV.
I agree on variety. Another reason to have at least two for me, is that I can't help but modify things. It's nice to have a car to drive while the other one is getting modified! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree on variety. Another reason to have at least two for me, is that I can't help but modify things. It's nice to have a car to drive while the other one is getting modified! :)
I also have a modification addiction. Normally have at least 3 in the shop getting mods so definitely need a few spares 🤪

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
No wrong answer really.

But the cars need to add up to the hypercar $$$ level. The vast number of people (myself included), don't have the storage space at home, don't have the time to coordinate/facilitate or bring the cars to service, multiple service appointments, extra $$$ for those service appointments, extra dollars for off-site storage, extra effort to drive cars in storage (you have to make a real effort to go and drive them (e.g., I've put on 350 miles in speciale in the last two years), you can only drive one car at a time, etc.

I only pick up P1 keys when I want to go for a leisure drive. It's difficult for the mid-range exotic cars to really compete with the drive, looks, feel, speed and the overall experience of a hyper car.

But like I said. No wrong answers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
No wrong answer really.

But the cars need to add up to the hypercar $$$ level. The vast number of people (myself included), don't have the storage space at home, don't have the time to coordinate/facilitate or bring the cars to service, multiple service appointments, extra $$$ for those service appointments, extra dollars for off-site storage, extra effort to drive cars in storage (you have to make a real effort to go and drive them (e.g., I've put on 350 miles in speciale in the last two years), you can only drive one car at a time, etc.

I only pick up P1 keys when I want to go for a leisure drive. It's difficult for the mid-range exotic cars to really compete with the drive, looks, feel, speed and the overall experience of a hyper car.

But like I said. No wrong answers.
Like you say no wrong answer. P1 and Speciale sounds like a good 2 car however 👍🏻

·
Registered
168 Posts
TDF. - £600,000
McLaren 675LTS. - £210,000
Speciale - £260,000
Aston GT8. - £160,000
Ferrari FF. - £120,000
Porsche GT4. - £70,000
Gen 1 NSX manual. - £70,000
R8 GT supercharged - £100,000

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
P1 1.2
GTC4 Lusso 230
Bentley Continental GT 180
BMW X7 M 100
Audi RS6 Avant 130
BMW M2 competition 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious if there is anyone here that wants one that doesnt have an allocation?
I just saw a couple of moments ago some videos of the 765lt. It looks really great to me and somehow its spot on to be a lt version.

This thread here came to the right moment as...
I wonder if new customers who never had own a McLaren car could get an allocation of 765lt? Or do you need usually a good buyer history to buy a more "special version" car?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I just saw a couple of moments ago some videos of the 765lt. It looks really great to me and somehow its spot on to be a lt version.

I wonder if new customers who never had own a McLaren car could get an allocation of 765lt? Or do you need usually a good buyer history to buy a more "special version" car?
I guess it depends on where you are located but I am sure some free allocations will pop up.

·
Registered
259 Posts

As capsfan said I am sure some allocations will pop up. I’d call around and you’ll probably find one, especially in this market right now. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As capsfan said I am sure some allocations will pop up. I’d call around and you’ll probably find one, especially in this market right now. Good luck.

Hello,

thank you both for your quick answers :D

I am just playing with the configurator to see which options are offered for this car.
Seems like there is no option to have a colored roof? From the pictures I can see the majority of the roof is made out of glass? Maybe this could be the reason :unsure:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I corresponded with my dealer yesterday, he said they have 7 slots and 37 people in line. Now they are a top dealer in the US is I bet they get a few more. Even if he is exaggerating and they have 15 people in line that shows there is demand. We will see when its time for people to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hello,

thank you both for your quick answers :D

I am just playing with the configurator to see which options are offered for this car.
Seems like there is no option to have a colored roof? From the pictures I can see the majority of the roof is made out of glass? Maybe this could be the reason :unsure:
I will only do a carbon roof.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would be interested in ordering a 765 lt Mclaren Philly/Charlotte said I could get one if I bought a GT at full sticker first..???

41 - 60 of 191 Posts