McLaren Life banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Anyone's car sit at port forever? I was told by the dealer that my car would arrive 2 weeks ago as it cleared port and went on a truck the week before that. As two weeks have come and gone, I jumped on the phone with the GM and had him call to find it. Come to find out, it's still at the Boston port. He told us it would probably be there another couple of weeks. Making my LT's time at port well over a month.

I can't help but get a little frustrated. My good friend has a LT that came in a month ago and only spent 4 days at port. My car also cleared customs on it's 4th day. The rest of the time spent there has been waiting to find a truck coming towards Scottsdale, supposedly. I offered to send a truck personally and even pay for it. They said no....

Love to hear some other experiences. maybe someone knows someone I can talk to there.
The final 3 765 LT"s for my dealer are on a ship towards port (Mclaren SF). They are probably grouping a bunch of cars together to make the journey West (more economical)

Mclaren behaves in very odd ways. They still flew in 765 LT's to meet the end of year deadline for them to recognize the revenue ($45K cost to them to do this - prices increased for flying in cars back in December).

·
Registered
Volcano Red 765LT, Volcano Red 720s, 2020 Lamb Urus, 2016 lamb GT3, 2020 Raptor, Jesco specked
29 Posts
The final 3 765 LT"s for my dealer are on a ship towards port (Mclaren SF). They are probably grouping a bunch of cars together to make the journey West (more economical)

Mclaren behaves in very odd ways. They still flew in 765 LT's to meet the end of year deadline for them to recognize the revenue ($45K cost to them to do this - prices increased for flying in cars back in December).

I understand the logic. If they were going to hold it that long then I wish they would at least give me or the dealer the option to ship it myself. The dealer even asked if they could send their own truck. Who knows where my car is being stored or how often its being moved, etc.
I'm frustrated with the dealer as well. They kept telling me it was on a truck and should be there by weeks end. But I was the one that had to push them to reach out to port.

Maybe I'm being to hard on everyone. My car's been delayed a few times now and I'm ready for her to be home.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I understand the logic. If they were going to hold it that long then I wish they would at least give me or the dealer the option to ship it myself. The dealer even asked if they could send their own truck. Who knows where my car is being stored or how often its being moved, etc.
I'm frustrated with the dealer as well. They kept telling me it was on a truck and should be there by weeks end. But I was the one that had to push them to reach out to port.

Maybe I'm being to hard on everyone. My car's been delayed a few times now and I'm ready for her to be home.
I hope you get your car home soon. Sadly, the enthusiasts’ POV is rarely shared by most employees. I sort of expect the car to be treated as goods until it’s in my possession. Meaning, they won’t be concerned if it sits outside, moved around as needed and not fully warmed up, etc. The good thing is, cars are robust and focusing on enjoyment and care once it arrives should make it all good.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had a similar problem but at the other end. My car was assembled in early January but didn't get onto a ship until 22nd Feb despite there being weekly departures for Australia. Didn't arrive at port here until 20th April however contrary to the experiences described here it got through customs and the dealer quite quickly and was in my hands within 10 days from offloading.

·
Registered
Volcano Red 765LT, Volcano Red 720s, 2020 Lamb Urus, 2016 lamb GT3, 2020 Raptor, Jesco specked
29 Posts
I hope you get your car home soon. Sadly, the enthusiasts’ POV is rarely shared by most employees. I sort of expect the car to be treated as goods until it’s in my possession. Meaning, they won’t be concerned if it sits outside, moved around as needed and not fully warmed up, etc. The good thing is, cars are robust and focusing on enjoyment and care once it arrives should make it all good.

I just found out that my car has been held up because of a window sticker. It was supposed to be on a truck today but I just got an email saying there was a new update yesterday and they will install the update next Friday then ship my car. I asked why they couldn't do it at the dealer and they said they didn't know. To say I'm frustrated at this point is an understatement.

And I agree, especially since it will be there for almost 45 days by the time it leaves port. I feel like the dealership could have done a lot more to help me here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just found out that my car has been held up because of a window sticker. It was supposed to be on a truck today but I just got an email saying there was a new update yesterday and they will install the update next Friday then ship my car. I asked why they couldn't do it at the dealer and they said they didn't know. To say I'm frustrated at this point is an understatement.

And I agree, especially since it will be there for almost 45 days by the time it leaves port. I feel like the dealership could have done a lot more to help me here.
At least your getting a update. Mine says he will not no anything till it moves from port in North America . Sucks

·
Registered
364 Posts
My car gets delivered Monday. Supposed to be decent weather Wednesday. I plan on putting on 100+ miles and reporting back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beautiful, congrats

101 - 110 of 110 Posts