McLaren Life banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 720S Coupe Track Pack
159 Posts
Damn - I wonder if it was a failure when refuelling, the system isn't great, I've managed to overflow briefly when trying to get it to take on fuel. Or maybe it was due to the 'difficult' oil filler cap.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
These guys took delivery in Germany a few days ago:

I've also seen an orange one with a German registration at the Nürburgring.

Reactions: zegerman

·
Registered
366 Posts
Damn - I wonder if it was a failure when refuelling, the system isn't great, I've managed to overflow briefly when trying to get it to take on fuel. Or maybe it was due to the 'difficult' oil filler cap.
I have refueled 5 times without any issues at all.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
There's a thread on here about difficulties when refuelling - I even noticed a drain hole behind the flap (720S, not sure if you also have it). Maybe it's only certain styles of pump nozzle - but often it won't let you refuel unless you find the perfect position or go really slowly. And once, when going quite slowly, I had an overflow - it wasn't much and it went down the drain hole. Still a little concerning.

I just thought that may have happened as the car appears to have burnt out at a gas station.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There's a thread on here about difficulties when refuelling - I even noticed a drain hole behind the flap (720S, not sure if you also have it). Maybe it's only certain styles of pump nozzle - but often it won't let you refuel unless you find the perfect position or go really slowly. And once, when going quite slowly, I had an overflow - it wasn't much and it went down the drain hole. Still a little concerning.

I just thought that may have happened as the car appears to have burnt out at a gas station.
Looked like the pump handle was holstered on the pump though. I've also had refueling issues where it would constantly click off and thus I end up overflowing. Once by a lot since someone had approached me and I became distracted. This was also after a long spirited drive so the engine compartment was super hot. Luckily nothing happened but that video really makes me nervous.

Reactions: The Brigand

·
Registered
366 Posts
I did have an issue with fueling on my F8. The pump would click off unless the nozzle was precisely at a specific depth and I mean specific. Pushing it all the way in would not turn on the pump.

·
Registered
341 Posts
No. 273 collected today. Volcano orange, clubsport, leather interior with orange stitch. Nardo callipers.
20210430_174208.jpg

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks, its one crazy beast!

·
Registered
Volcano Red 765LT, Volcano Red 720s, 2020 Lamb Urus, 2016 lamb GT3, 2020 Raptor, Jesco specked
28 Posts
Anyone's car sit at port forever? I was told by the dealer that my car would arrive 2 weeks ago as it cleared port and went on a truck the week before that. As two weeks have come and gone, I jumped on the phone with the GM and had him call to find it. Come to find out, it's still at the Boston port. He told us it would probably be there another couple of weeks. Making my LT's time at port well over a month.

I can't help but get a little frustrated. My good friend has a LT that came in a month ago and only spent 4 days at port. My car also cleared customs on it's 4th day. The rest of the time spent there has been waiting to find a truck coming towards Scottsdale, supposedly. I offered to send a truck personally and even pay for it. They said no....

Love to hear some other experiences. maybe someone knows someone I can talk to there.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts