McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I haven't followed up nor asked for an update. It's primarily the wife's car. We'll keep plowing away at life until we get some news on ETA. Excited for first McLaren (frankly, a little scared too), but no need to lose my sanity waiting with bated breath for every production update.
Wait...your wife is getting a 765LT? My wife won’t even ride in my cars, must less drive them...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, some people are like that. In my Ferrari dealer there’s a Pista for sale with 500km, full options, 4 point harness and carbon wheels.
When I asked if it was from a flipper the sales rep told me a customer bought it for his wife and after one trip she told the husband the car was too hard. Really, a Pista or any track version car are hard I said.
Then I asked if the wife had a pista what did the husband had, reply: a LaFerrari with 68km...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those trees look a lot like ours🔥😟.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ya I’m definitely intrigued and confused in equal measure.
Many of our friends have McLarens, but we never did take interest due to perception of reliability and depreciation. However, that changed in Dec last year when the local dealer leant us a 720S for a few nights to get a feel for the brand and product. They know us very well. We were both stunned at how easy it was to live with, the fit and finish, the (insane) performance. I thought we were going to settle on a 992 TTS, but the 720S blew our expectations away. We were both ready to pull the trigger, but then the deal breaker for me,... this high-pitched sound (@ 2:35 of this video here:
). My wife didn't notice. I tried 3 other 720S' and still there, but in varying degrees. Other friends did not notice this noise until I mentioned it (ugh...). However, after each 10+ minute drive, I felt like it was disorienting and ruined the GT experience for me. McLaren Vancouver did a great job trying everything they could, but it is what it is and after more research on the car - I realize this is normal.

Early 2021, I was looking for a track car with the outgoing 991.2 GT3 and the 720S experience stuck in my head. Wife really liked the 720S as well. So, started thinking more about a 765LT as a close friend was offered one months ago and a few other McLaren owner friends were really excited about this car. I realize it may be a good GT car and dual purpose as a track car for me (for the few times I go a year). So, look forward to joining this group and being more active.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Did you realise there are little glove boxes in each door? Took me a few days to discover them.

Trying hard to hear this noise, but after much straining with my ear to the speaker i couldn't. Went out to my car, couldn't hear it there either. Im intrigued now and want to hear it

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was told the whistling noise is from some hydraulic system in the car. My 600LT does it also and with the same frequency as my 765LT. I don't mind it at all and consider it just a unique characteristic of McLarens.

Many of our friends have McLarens, but we never did take interest due to perception of reliability and depreciation. However, that changed in Dec last year when the local dealer leant us a 720S for a few nights to get a feel for the brand and product. They know us very well. We were both stunned at how easy it was to live with, the fit and finish, the (insane) performance. I thought we were going to settle on a 992 TTS, but the 720S blew our expectations away. We were both ready to pull the trigger, but then the deal breaker for me,... this high-pitched sound (@ 2:35 of this video here:
). My wife didn't notice. I tried 3 other 720S' and still there, but in varying degrees. Other friends did not notice this noise until I mentioned it (ugh...). However, after each 10+ minute drive, I felt like it was disorienting and ruined the GT experience for me. McLaren Vancouver did a great job trying everything they could, but it is what it is and after more research on the car - I realize this is normal.

Early 2021, I was looking for a track car with the outgoing 991.2 GT3 and the 720S experience stuck in my head. Wife really liked the 720S as well. So, started thinking more about a 765LT as a close friend was offered one months ago and a few other McLaren owner friends were really excited about this car. I realize it may be a good GT car and dual purpose as a track car for me (for the few times I go a year). So, look forward to joining this group and being more active.

Reactions: sstho

·
Registered
512 Posts
That’s the problem when earthlings drive the McLaren, they complain about whistling sound of a spaceship? Cup holders and glove compartment is perfect for a Honda Odyssey not the 720s. No complaints here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you realise there are little glove boxes in each door? Took me a few days to discover them.

Trying hard to hear this noise, but after much straining with my ear to the speaker i couldn't. Went out to my car, couldn't hear it there either. Im intrigued now and want to hear it
Yes, I did appreciate the hinged door stowage pocket. Had to spec that in the 765LT.

Wife loves her music while driving (I just like engine noise) and didn't notice until I pointed it out. When I did, it still didn't bother her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My car is due to be completed today! Not sure how many more are still to be built.

View attachment 210370

Heading over to MTC next week. Will keep my eyes peeled for your car. Do you have the number?
I haven't followed up nor asked for an update. It's primarily the wife's car. We'll keep plowing away at life until we get some news on ETA. Excited for first McLaren (frankly, a little scared too), but no need to lose my sanity waiting with bated breath for every production update.
I think your car may have been sent. Was told 2 765 heading to western Canada

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

the camera I think

21 - 40 of 62 Posts