McLaren Life banner
61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
582 Posts
Today I asked my dealer, an honest and well informed guy. Regarding the „750“ he said a facelift is possible but currently no details are available, no roadmap, nothing. Last week took place a briefing/education session, but not one word about such a project from McLaren side. Sure is that Leiters currently is focusing completely on the Artura rollout, this product „enjoys“ the full focus from the McLaren management, this model has to fill up the production line over the next few years…
They are either not informed or just aren’t saying. It is going to happen. Period. ‘Some’ details have already been shared on this forum. Expect them to come to fruition.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Did he say when? I’m about to order an artura- I’ll hold out if the 750 is not too much behind.
First ones q2 2023 i was told … expect it to be significantly more expensive than an Artura (at least 60-75k more before any options)

Reactions: aorta

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I understand the cost difference. Announcing q2 means delivery end of the year at the earliest. Will see how it goes. I want a daily driver- Artura probably makes more sense.
no delivery of the first units should be q2 2023 i was told … after the announcement they won’t need to do much as it will just replace the 720s slots on the production line

if it does not go too much into 765LT direction it should have the same very good daily driver capabilities the 720s has …

only major minus for the 765LT is it’s lack of insulation and noise lvl which much higher than the 720s and that the modes are made more towards sporty driving/ tracking than 720s

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
no delivery of the first units should be q2 2023 i was told … after the announcement they won’t need to do much as it will just replace the 720s slots on the production line

if it does not go too much into 765LT direction it should have the same very good daily driver capabilities the 720s has …

only major minus for the 765LT is it’s lack of insulation and noise lvl which much higher than the 720s and that the modes are made more towards sporty driving/ tracking than 720s
Going to go soec my artura next week. If 750 comes and it suits my needs better- I’ll just switch my order. It will all work out.

I have already asked my dealer to put me on the 750 list and they have assured me an allocation. The Artura was to replace my 992 GT3 which I just dumped. Right now too busy enjoying my 765

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Going to go soec my artura next week. If 750 comes and it suits my needs better- I’ll just switch my order. It will all work out.

I have already asked my dealer to put me on the 750 list and they have assured me an allocation. The Artura was to replace my 992 GT3 which I just dumped. Right now too busy enjoying my 765
think if you already have an 765LT (spider ?) probably the 750s will be too close - than Artura will maybe be the better choice …

·
Registered
215 Posts
First ones q2 2023 i was told … expect it to be significantly more expensive than an Artura (at least 60-75k more before any options)
I saw the 720S in 2017 and the 765LT in 2020 both at the east coast introductions at the Amelia. Deliveries started later in the year. So at the earliest I would expect the revised 720S to show up in March of next year again at the Amelia and at some west coast location.
I have a USA price list from Feb 2021 with a $225,000 Artura base price. The revised 720 has to be some points over the current $300,000 base price.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
582 Posts
I saw the 720S in 2017 and the 765LT in 2020 both at the east coast introductions at the Amelia. Deliveries started later in the year. So at the earliest I would expect the revised 720S to show up in March of next year again at the Amelia and at some west coast location.
I have a USA price list from Feb 2021 with a $225,000 Artura base price. The revised 720 has to be some points over the current $300,000 base price.
The 750 will likely debut in February/March of 2023...expect deliveries later in the year...September ish. Expect the shorter gearing of the 765 (bank on it.) Artura dash and screen (I.E. gear and suspension knobs same as Artura.) Same interface. Apple car play. Same/similar seats to the 720s. Minor body modifications. 2 year run and can likely order a spider from day 1. Don’t expect ‘that’ many of these to be made...Not numbered but I wouldn’t doubt if there were only 1500-2000 made...maybe less. Expect service included similar to the Artura.

Probably Macs last fully ICE car and I bet it’s gonna be awesome.

2012 MP4-12C
2,949 Posts
the 720 was more powerful than the 675LT? It is just going backwards if they make a 750s.
If you're good at numbers you'll see 720 is bigger than 675, but the 765 is the one in question. The LT version of the platform is always the highest power. 675 is a P11, 720 is a P14.
I would be VERY surprised to see the shorter gearing of the 765lt in the 750 as I don‘t think it would be beneficiary to a more daily-usable experience.
Because 750 hp screams daily usability? Shorter gearing is WAY more usable daily. Dodge sells cars based on 0-60 times and ignore what happens at higher speed. C8's same thing. They care about initial acceleration, that's it. Shorter gearing achieves exactly that. Very few care about it going 214 instead of 207.

Reactions: sblvro

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you're good at numbers you'll see 720 is bigger than 675, but the 765 is the one in question. The LT version of the platform is always the highest power. 675 is a P11, 720 is a P14.

Because 750 hp screams daily usability? Shorter gearing is WAY more usable daily. Dodge sells cars based on 0-60 times and ignore what happens at higher speed. C8's same thing. They care about initial acceleration, that's it. Shorter gearing achieves exactly that. Very few care about it going 214 instead of 207.
I agree but why make a watered down 765LT? They should at least increase the output to 810/820 if this would be their last ICE engine.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts