McLaren Life banner
481 - 500 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
641 Posts
Yes incredibly so, and taking 7 months to cure. And expensive to buy.

But they also last 4x longer than the standard discs, so are in fact more cost effective in the long run.
I could be wrong here but I believe the Senna/765 calipers are heavier...despite the discs being lighter.

The 750 is the F8 vs the Pista. It’s that simple. It will be nearly 765 quick and more comfortable...but driving dynamics will be vastly different. It just depends what you are looking for...

As a side note...anyone who says a 720s is ‘boring’ or not engaging hasn’t driven one hard on track or in the canyons...It’s an animal. Yes the LT cars are more of everything that is good about McLaren...but to the say the 720s isn’t engaging is silly.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I could be wrong here but I believe the Senna/765 calipers are heavier...despite the discs being lighter.

The 750 is the F8 vs the Pista. It’s that simple. It will be nearly 765 quick and more comfortable...but driving dynamics will be vastly different. It just depends what you are looking for...

As a side note...anyone who says a 720s is ‘boring’ or not engaging hasn’t driven one hard on track or in the canyons...It’s an animal. Yes the LT cars are more of everything that is good about McLaren...but to the say the 720s isn’t engaging is silly.
well just like Jas said the 720s is the car you want have if you drive it often/daily ... the 765LT is the weekend/fun/trackday car that gets annoying in everyday situations - too raw/too much fuel consumption/ too loud/ too much attention / mileage sensitive value etc ...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Apples and pears. If you mean performance gap, then yes.

But by that measure the replacement hybrid for the super series will almost certainly exceed the 765LT in performance. Just as 720S exceeded the 675LT.
its actually apples to apples once performance gap is narrowed.. now it becomes a fun game of pluses and minus per model since performance delta becomes more of a non factor and BOTH will be limited production and runs…

hence (another reason) why i didnt opt for a 765… part of it was comfort and part of it was a new GOAT was around the corner with the hybrid. thats what makes the 750 so enticing… same price as 720, better performance, new warranty, slight tweaks etc… holds you over just enough as many wait for the hybrid. and 750 pricing should sustain better depreciation curve since last of the super series non hybrids…

like a 765, performance almost similar and it will be hard to get one and it will only be around for a short period of time.

sorry to say but if the rumors of the 750 correct, the comparison to a 765 may be more realistic than some give it credit for

Reactions: Chamonix

·
Registered
866 Posts

Yes 765/Senna calipers are heavier than 720S. 765 discs are the same as 720. Senna discs are optional on 765, and are lighter than 720/(standard 765).

7xxS would not be F8 v Pista, unless the 7xxS also has 765 gearing and has 765PS. F8 has the same engine and power as Pista.

7xxS should be to 720S what the F8 is to 488.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Yes 765/Senna calipers are heavier than 720S. 765 discs are the same as 720. Senna discs are optional on 765, and are lighter than 720/(standard 765).

7xxS would not be F8 v Pista, unless the 7xxS also has 765 gearing and has 765PS. F8 has the same engine and power as Pista.

7xxS should be to 720S what the F8 is to 488.
Not really, 488 to F8 was a major redesign … 720s to 750s is a minor facelift like 991.1 turbo S to 991.2 turbo S

Reactions: sblvro and Jas

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
some people aren’t getting their current 720 spiders until early ‘23… wonder if this delays things with the refresh… I doubt anything material comes out until all current 720s are manufactured and delivered.

Reactions: ChrisK1982

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
some people aren’t getting their current 720 spiders until early ‘23… wonder if this delays things with the refresh… I doubt anything material comes out until all current 720s are manufactured and delivered.
No think it’s normal … last one off the production line plus up to 8 weeks shipping … more time if you want MSO options … so last 720s should be at the dealer in q2 2023

Reactions: spourreza

·
2012 MP4-12C
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·
Other than the 25 pages of rumors? Nothing announced yet so just read thru all the pages and you will get tue best update currently available.
Interestingly none of the car rags have picked up on this. At least I havent seen any articles on it. Does not help that the 765LT was referred to as the 750 for a while in the trade press.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Maybe it’s just the car rags I read, but I haven’t seen a lot of juicy leaks of real substance (lol, McLaren might make an suv, here let my friend photoshop it, doesn’t count) except from the VW group. Lots of Porsche and Lambo, not much McLaren or Ferrari.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Maybe it’s just the car rags I read, but I haven’t seen a lot of juicy leaks of real substance (lol, McLaren might make an suv, here let my friend photoshop it, doesn’t count) except from the VW group. Lots of Porsche and Lambo, not much McLaren or Ferrari.
have you seen any leaks of any substance!!??? no

my dealer said once they stop building the 720 and last one out of factory… they said around pebble beach … so far, those that thought release is sooner than later… i.e. november/december are wrong. its a next year thing. i am top of list for spider and i haven’t received any NDA’s.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
have you seen any leaks of any substance!!??? no

my dealer said once they stop building the 720 and last one out of factory… they said around pebble beach … so far, those that though release is sooner than later… i.e. november/december are wrong. its a next year thing. i am top of list for spider and i haven’t received any NDA’s.
there are a lot of spy photos and videos of upcoming Porsche and Lambo products. I consider that to be a leak of substance.

·
2012 MP4-12C
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
I just posted about the new GM supercar supposedly coming out:

481 - 500 of 509 Posts