McLaren Life banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Same. Where are you guys hearing about this?
my dealer told me and we have been posting on the Artura forum and i posted in the 720 forum. i actually attached the email from my dealer. Facelift with the same “electronics” as the Artura. They also said the pandemic hurt corporate and it wasn’t possible to come out with the super series hybrid given the circumstances… they also said this slightly tuned model will just sit right below 765 and may not be out longer than 3 years… so shorter than the normal 5 year cycle. i will probably get the 750 as a interim car but i have been really iching for the hybrid… i am hoping that the 750 prices dont crash with the release of the hybrid replacement as i will be one of the early adopters of the new super series hybrids so will be trading in the 750 asap (or whatever the facelift model will be called)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
One question I have. Will the 750 come out first as a coupe, then wait a year, and as a spider? Will there be an LT version of it too? a 795LT? In other words, can we expect a full interim cycle with this like we did the 650? Doesnt that mean we are a minimum of 3-4 years away from getting the full 720 replacement?
would make sense to first have coupe, than spider, than maybe LT + LTS with 9-12 months in between ... that way you keep demand higher than just releasing Spider and Coupe at the same time ... end of production run 800 LT would be logical (maybe they won't call it LT but R or HS or CS ;-) )

2012 MP4-12C
2,598 Posts
would make sense to first have coupe, than spider, than maybe LT + LTS with 9-12 months in between ... that way you keep demand higher than just releasing Spider and Coupe at the same time ... end of production run 800 LT would be logical (maybe they won't call it LT but R or HS or CS ;-) )
They've never had two LT's in the same platform. This is literally round 2 of the 12C->650+675LT. I suspect they'll do a year of a coupe then bring in the Spyder to sell both to some people.

Reactions: alexceres

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I dont think there would be time to do a cycle of all 4 cars? Coupe, Spyder, LT Coupe, LT Spyder. Otherwise, even at a year a piece, youre talking 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, and so we dont get the new platform until 2027? That's a LOT of time for the Artura to hold the hybrid line for McLaren.

Although, oddly, it could also end up being a point of differentiation. If ALL of the Ferrari options are hybrid, having a non-hybrid offering could end up being a surprise hit.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I dont think there would be time to do a cycle of all 4 cars? Coupe, Spyder, LT Coupe, LT Spyder. Otherwise, even at a year a piece, youre talking 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, and so we dont get the new platform until 2027? That's a LOT of time for the Artura to hold the hybrid line for McLaren.

Although, oddly, it could also end up being a point of differentiation. If ALL of the Ferrari options are hybrid, having a non-hybrid offering could end up being a surprise hit.
from an enthusiast I agree, but Id bet the majority of the buyers market want the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
They've never had two LT's in the same platform. This is literally round 2 of the 12C->650+675LT. I suspect they'll do a year of a coupe then bring in the Spyder to sell both to some people.
well they did not have any platform in for long for gen.1 (12c/650/675/570/600LT/620R)... but gen.2 (720s/Senna/Elva/765) seems to offer more reserves for updates ... additionally the Artura maybe won't sell as good as expected ... so its logical to not bet the farm on it and keep an updated 720s in production as long as legally possible ... regarding the 2 LT on one platform ... first it could be sth. like the Aventador Ultimae (coupe and Spider together maybe 350 each) and second they had 600LT and 620R on the same platform ... no need to call the thing 795LT instead name it R/GTR/HS/LTR etc ...

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

Q3 25 to Q1 26 would be a good date for a final edition one ... by that time the Artura will have its LT and more exciting versions and p1v2 will be out ... Hybrid720s replacement (boring 950- 1050hp version) than in Q4 26 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
well they did not have any platform in for long for gen.1 (12c/650/675/570/600LT/620R)... but gen.2 (720s/Senna/Elva/765) seems to offer more reserves for updates ... additionally the Artura maybe won't sell as good as expected ... so its logical to not bet the farm on it and keep an updated 720s in production as long as legally possible ... regarding the 2 LT on one platform ... first it could be sth. like the Aventador Ultimae (coupe and Spider together maybe 350 each) and second they had 600LT and 620R on the same platform ... no need to call the thing 795LT instead name it R/GTR/HS/LTR etc ...
Technically there was a 12C HS, but if I recall, it came out as weird model before the spider was released. But it could be likened to the LT somewhat. Although that is somewhat of a stretch.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Technically there was a 12C HS, but if I recall, it came out as weird model before the spider was released. But it could be likened to the LT somewhat. Although that is somewhat of a stretch.
650s also had MSO R MSO HS MSO X-1, 570 had MSO X ;-) ... F1 had GT GTR LM ... there is 30y LeMans victory in 2025 ... there are a lot of options for marketing :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

2012 MP4-12C
2,598 Posts
12C, 650, 675 are P11 and 1 tub design. 570, 600LT, and 620r are P13 and 1 tub design. 720, 765, and Senna are P14 and P15 and use the same tub, Elva IIRC is a different tub, meaning it's a 3rd generation tub for super series. Artura is a different tub from all the others. The 620R exists because they stopped 570 production and had tubs left over, it's almost a copy of the MSO X which was commissioned to build 10 from McLaren Newport Beach. They won't out-LT the 765LT, they might do a limited production special edition as they tend to do. After the platform sells out it will be replaced by a model without numbers in the name.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
it makes sense to run the platform for 3 or 4 more years and thats it. The LT is already out there. I agree with my dealer that the 750 will have the coupe and then announce the spider 1 year later so thats 2 years. Then they begin leaking pics and launch the official super series hybrid in year 3 or 4…. likely deliveries in year 4 of the 750 being out there. I guess that would make the new super series hybrid a MY ‘26 or ‘27???

I have to imagine the 750 will hold its value given it will be the latest and greatest and last non hybrid… I hope we see same price reaction as F8 with the release of the 296!!!????

Reactions: alexceres
2012 MP4-12C
2,598 Posts
The super series hybrid better be a 1k+ HP monster if it’s 4-5 years out.
Think about it this way. P1 is 903 HP. Would it be wise to have a super series have more go on paper than a P1 if the P1 replacement isn't out yet? No. So whatever the P1 replacement is on power, it'll probably be in the middle. If I had to take a stab they'll probably rate it for 850-900 and probably do it at the wheels, over 1k at the crank.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Think about it this way. P1 is 903 HP. Would it be wise to have a super series have more go on paper than a P1 if the P1 replacement isn't out yet? No. So whatever the P1 replacement is on power, it'll probably be in the middle. If I had to take a stab they'll probably rate it for 850-900 and probably do it at the wheels, over 1k at the crank.
I think a lot will depend on the energy density of the batteries available when the time comes. It'll presumably be a version of the Artura ICE with more power, plus whatever they can get out of a relatively lightweight battery pack.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
fairly confident the P1v2 will be more than Speedtail ... 1100-1200hp seem to be the logical range ... 720hybrid replacement should be around 950-1050 than

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
The super series hybrid better be a 1k+ HP monster if it’s 4-5 years out.
no need if its 250 kg less than SF90 ;-) but 950-1000 should be a good guess I hope

21 - 40 of 56 Posts