McLaren Life banner

720s Ordering - Things to Know.

96K views 216 replies 75 participants last post by  outie 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm putting this thread here as a placeholder. I started a similar one in the 570s section and the feedback I received was all positive and that it really helped potential buyers understand the ordering process, options, and costs. This time though, since I'm not in the market for a 720s, I'd like to ask for some help. I know price sheets and other data on the 720s have been posted in various threads, if folks have those documents, please post them here and I'll either link to them or attach them to this post. If you guys that are ordering the 720 have any advice for your fellow buyers, any 'gotchas' you've experience, or buying related questions and / or comments, please post them.

###############
# Info
###############

Attached to the post:
---> 720s coupe price list for 2017, US market: 720S_COUPE_Price_List_2017_US.pdf
---> 720s coupe MSO price list for 2017, US market: 720S_COUPE_MSO_Price_List_2017_US.pdf
---> 720s coupe price list for 2017, Uk market: 720S_COUPE_Price_List_2017_UK.pdf

New 720s colors: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mclarensanfrancisco/albums/72157678857259784

###############
# Updates:
###############

Updated (Jan 23, 2018) US pricelist: http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-720s/70633-720s-ordering-things-know-6.html#post1531354

-Jamie.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
For you value villains out there:

Luxury vs Base - you are paying +8k for fancy leather.
$11,430 Price difference from base
-$3,310 Electric & Heated Seats
$8,120 Fancy Leather

Performance vs Base - you are paying +2k for By McLaren Alcantara Interior.
$11,430 Price difference from base
-$9,550 Carbon Fiber Exterior Upgrade 1 + Primary Interior Components
$1,880 By McLaren Alcantara Interior

The Carbon Fiber Exterior packages are worth 15% in savings.
Exterior Package, MSRP, Package Cost, Savings
Upgrade 1: $8,070, $6,860, $1,210
Upgrade 2: $12,700, $10,790, $1,910
Upgrade 3: $5,380, $4,580, $800

5 Twin-Spoke Lightweight Wheel cannot be ordered in stealth. I tried. :crying:

#14 ·
Do you happen to know the difference between Meteor Grey and Dark Paladium and Tungsten Slate? I was considering building up a base car (because I'm not sure I want the specific CF that comes with the Performance model). But I have no idea what Meteor Grey or Tungsten Slate look like.

#11 ·
720S MSO Bespoke Price List (USA)

I'm putting this thread here as a placeholder. I started a similar one in the 570s section and the feedback I received was all positive and that it really helped potential buyers understand the ordering process, options, and costs.

###############
# Info
###############

Attached to the post:
---> 720s coupe price for 2017, US market: 720S_COUPE_Price_List_2017_US.pdf

New 720s colors: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mclarensanfrancisco/albums/72157678857259784

-Jamie.
Jamie, Here is the Bespoke Price list that was floating around. You might want to add this to the first post.

-Knor

Attachments

#12 ·
I wonder if it's possible to order the car with no carpeting. Id prefer just the bare carbon fiber for the tub. It would save weight, and it would be easier to keep tidy. There is some option to keep the bare carbon of the pillars visible and do without the alcantara covering, I wish they would same for the tub.

#17 ·
Has anyone gone through the price list and figured out what the maximum cost would be if you picked every extra CF bit, top paint choice, and all options? Me, I'm a base-spec kinda guy, but maybe some CF interior bits. I don't need the exterior CF parts quite as much...that's for others to look at. I have to look at the interior, so that's where I'd go for extras. In any case, there sure are lots of combinations!

#21 ·
The standard paddles on the 570 are the same tiny plastic ones as on the 720. To get the extended paddles you need to get the CF Interior Pack.

-Jamie.

#20 ·
For the tinted carbon options, I have only seen red, green, and blue MSO samples. Can there be white or silver tinting to the carbon options of MSO? If so, would it cost the same as green, red, or blue? i.e. MSO Tinted Finish to all Exterior Carbon Options will be 8,500 USD, which I assume would be red, green, or blue. Would white tint be 8.5k USD as well? Thanks.

PS
Korea being a small market (Although being Asia's #3..), I think McLaren is a bit negligent on offering straight pricings to the dealer in Korea. Such a segregation/discrimination is annoying but it is what it is...For the hell of it, we do not even have the 720S pricing nor even a test (DOT/EPA) car has been in the country. We will probably begin testing the car in June, which would be the time for other area's launch vehicles are delivered. =(

#22 ·
McLaren have done many other colors in tinted CF. There's likely no reason why they couldn't do the ones you mentioned, but whether they are all the same price, I'm not sure. Not all the paint varieties are the same price, so it could very well depend on how fancy you want to get with your tint. For example if you wanted purple with crushed diamonds in it, I bet that's more than $8500... If you just want a simple white lacquer, I doubt it would cost anything additional. Your best bet is to tell your dealer exactly what you want and if it's not in the $8500 category, ask them to get a quote from MSO.

-Jamie.

#38 ·
Carbon paddles on the 570S priced within the internal carbon pack .
Carbon paddles on the 720s priced as an MSO item at £2000 on top of the primary carbon pack .
Yes this is the Mclaren Rip off,
Or in other words "How to increase the retail price without the customer knowing"
Ferrari tried this a few years ago and at that time quickly regretted !
Come on Mclaren let's get in the real world !!

#39 ·
The online configurator has been updated recently, and there is now an MSO option to select the extended shift paddles in carbon fiber.

The MACarbon ones are much more cost effective, and apparently they do fit. I would think the MSO are a completely different, integrated paddle rather than extensions to the stubby standard ones but am not sure.

Attachments

#43 ·
I have a production date of Nov 2017 and delivery Dec 2017. I have been offered one launch car but was too far off from what I wanted. Seems availability is scant and people are on long waits. Any thoughts?
December 2017 is NOT a long wait, it's only 4 months! I've waited far longer than that for a few of my custom-ordered McLarens.

It will be here before you know it!

#48 ·
So I think there is a new wrinkle. It seems like if you get the sports exhaust you get an ISG, and if you get the regular exhaust, there is no ISG. By the way, every time I think ISG, I also think about spitting on it. This pushes me more than ever to get the regular exhaust just not to have to deal with the ISG.

So is this right, can anyone confirm (not the spitting part, but the part that if you get the regular exhaust, no ISG is installed)?

#49 ·
I believe that is correct. But it was posted on another thread that the standard exhaust (as well as the 4-speaker stereo and titanium liquid metal wheel finish) have been axed. So if all forthcoming cars have the sports exhaust fitted, they will have the ISG.

#56 ·
I would suggest not opting for Homelink.

Aside from the fact that there is no mention of how to set it up in the Mclaren manual and Homelink have been unable to assist me so far, so I can’t use it, you can only select it via the touch screen (and after several touches and menus).

I’ve found it much simpler to reach for the central storage area where I keep the remote and press the button, like I’ve always done.

Incidentally, I only have Homelink as it was included in my LE spec.

#57 · (Edited)
I would suggest not opting for Homelink.

Aside from the fact that there is no mention of how to set it up in the Mclaren manual and Homelink have been unable to assist me so far, so I can’t use it, you can only select it via the touch screen (and after several touches and menus).

I’ve found it much simpler to reach for the central storage area where I keep the remote and press the button, like I’ve always done.

I disagree. HomeLink is dead easy to set up and it works like a charm. I don’t have the time right now Zippycar but I’ll write up a detailed explanation of how to use it later today or tomorrow. The manual is very incomplete in the infotainment area and I plan to mention that to McLaren.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.