McLaren Life banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spoke to several dealers about ordering a 2022 720 Spider. They all told me there is a chip shortage and plant closure so Q4 delivery, but one said they have allocations available for May/June delivery. They want me to pre-trade my car now and wait for the new car to arrive May/June.
Seems odd that they all get their cars from the same source (which has chip shortage and will be closing for a while) but one dealer can order it…
Thoughts?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Spoke to several dealers about ordering a 2022 720 Spider. They all told me there is a chip shortage and plant closure so Q4 delivery, but one said they have allocations available for May/June delivery. They want me to pre-trade my car now and wait for the new car to arrive May/June.
Seems odd that they all get their cars from the same source (which has chip shortage and will be closing for a while) but one dealer can order it…
Thoughts?
Run away. They are just trying to get your car as they need inventory. new 720s are delayed until at least Q4 as other models are a priority. This has been confirmed by numerous dealers. There is no chance of a may/June delivery. See if they can guarantee that delivery in writing. My guess is they will tell you that can’t guarantee anything but that is their best guess.

·
Registered
832 Posts
what if your 720 started production already? i realy hope that they can get the chip and ship the car out....

and i agree with mrkraft, they are just trying to get you in the door...

·
Registered
41 Posts
They want my car for inventory now and they said they have an allocation to spec a 720 spider which should be here by May/June but cannot guarantee that bc of the chip shortage and plant closure. That’s what scares me…
Don’t want to be mclarenless and forced to buy something in their inventory if/when they say that it may come Q4

·
Registered
832 Posts
i'm a little nervous. The dealer and i agreed to MSRP but i have this odd feeling he will markup when car arrives. I'm going to lose it if he does. I ony think that because he has his other 720's marked up..

·
Registered
831 Posts
i'm a little nervous. The dealer and i agreed to MSRP but i have this odd feeling he will markup when car arrives. I'm going to lose it if he does. I ony think that because he has his other 720's marked up..
If it was a car you ordered I would not be too concerned. They typically will mark up a car that was ordered and the buyer cancels. Does your deposit mention anything about price to be msrp when delivered? mclaren NA would not be too fond if the dealer marked up a car that you specced

·
Registered
832 Posts
If it was a car you ordered I would not be too concerned. They typically will mark up a car that was ordered and the buyer cancels. Does your deposit mention anything about price to be msrp when delivered? mclaren NA would not be too fond if the dealer marked up a car that you specced

i specced it, gave him 10k. Which is non refundable. Only thing i have that says msrp is text messages... this is my first Mac purchase from a dealer so i hope it goes well. My old car was a lease transfer. So i'm interested in building a relationship.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i specced it, gave him 10k. Which is non refundable. Only thing i have that says msrp is text messages... this is my first Mac purchase from a dealer so i hope it goes well. My old car was a lease transfer. So i'm interested in building a relationship.
You should be fine. They would not want to risk a lawsuit especially if you have text messages. since Mclaren doesn’t offer freebies like Ferrari, try to get the dealer to throw in as much as they can. They should let you pick out a few things from the gift area. I’ve gotten some cool shirts, sweatshirts, etc.

·
Registered
832 Posts
You should be fine. They would not want to risk a lawsuit especially if you have text messages. since Mclaren doesn’t offer freebies like Ferrari, try to get the dealer to throw in as much as they can. They should let you pick out a few things from the gift area. I’ve gotten some cool shirts, sweatshirts, etc.

thanks for the reassurance, i will update this soon!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If you have text messages and a large deposit, you have an enforceable contract.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts