McLaren Life banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi, Does anyone have the spider price list? Also what is the difference between the sport exhaust and the standard one besides the color?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The last 2019 official price list that I saw was effective April 2, 2018 (and, it had all the price increases for MY2019); it had no mandatory options listed. Has McLaren Automotive issued a newer price list with new directives since then, or is this a dealer thing?
This sounds fishy.:(
Please attach the lastest list price for the US in PDF format. Thanks !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
You are correct that the Sports Exhaust is now mandatory on all levels of the 720's. I have seen the 2019 price list and it is called out as such. The Gorilla Glass is still an option so I hope that they have fixed the issues. I am concerned about the AC so thanks for that heads up.

what were the problems with the Gorilla Glass ?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
720s seems to have black grills with the B&W system from now on, if you order performance spec - dealer was surprised too when first seeing this on my car which is a week2 build 2019 ... not sure if that is standard now on all performance spec cars or only with certain color specs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick question, for the 720s Spider, is it possible to have the alarm chime when one unlocks/locks the doors ?? And if so where does one find the option?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Some of the MSO prices are just o_O

Lol there is also a 3rd page on the EU price list ... that’s where it really gets funny seeing the $$$ numbers ... for some reason that seems to be left out on the US version, but that is where all the full MSO stuff like stealth or MSO Pacific or velocity stand ... that’s really impressive numbers than :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol there is also a 3rd page on the EU price list ... that’s where it really gets funny seeing the $$$ numbers ... for some reason that seems to be left out on the US version, but that is where all the full MSO stuff like stealth or MSO Pacific or velocity stand ... that’s really impressive numbers than :ROFLMAO:
Can someone post that 3rd page please?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: tekaefixe

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I am looking at options. One option I will not do without is sports exhaust? The sound is integral to the experience. I'd prefer the ability to switch between "loud and not so loud". I am surprised that is not an option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow $33k for satin exterior paint....and I think the paneles are off when they paint them. While I can understand people have funds to spare.... that just does not seem logical since McLaren just introduces a new model make the previous model tank. So your investment just has over-depreciation from the manufacturer.... that sorta sucks.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
When I am looking at options. One option I will not do without is sports exhaust? The sound is integral to the experience. I'd prefer the ability to switch between "loud and not so loud". I am surprised that is not an option.
C/C is quiet silent
S/S is louder and starts to scream in high rev
T/T is loudest and will start earlier than S/S to become loud

... there is not really a button but the mode selectors works the same

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Wow $33k for satin exterior paint....and I think the paneles are off when they paint them. While I can understand people have funds to spare.... that just does not seem logical since McLaren just introduces a new model make the previous model tank. So your investment just has over-depreciation from the manufacturer.... that sorta sucks.

its really only starting there ... full custom paint jobs can cost 3-4x that

·
Registered
431 Posts
C/C is quiet silent
S/S is louder and starts to scream in high rev
T/T is loudest and will start earlier than S/S to become loud

... there is not really a button but the mode selectors works the same
How can the sound be altered on the US exhaust since there are no valves on their system ?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
How can the sound be altered on the US exhaust since there are no valves on their system ?
not really altering it with a valve, the sound becomes quiet loud and aggressive with high rpm, and when you select S or T setting the car will generally shift much later and stay longer in first and second gear getting that screaming loud sound which it won’t display when driving in comfort (but maybe since I am in EU the sports exhaust is having a different tonality and loudness) ... for my part I never found the 720S to miss any loudness when it’s in higher rev ...

121 - 140 of 146 Posts