McLaren Life banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Learned yesterday that the stitching for the luggage strap now only comes in black. Apparently McLaren did it as a means of saving costs.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
The configurator now shows White is no longer a standard paint and is now listed as Special.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Learned yesterday that the stitching for the luggage strap now only comes in black. Apparently McLaren did it as a means of saving costs.
Sadly I can confirm this also. My car just arrived at the dealership and sure enough, the luggage strap stitching does not match the rest of the deviating stitching.
Fortunately for me the dealers demo car has the same interior as mine and they have agreed to swap out the luggage strap. The car will be in my hands in 10 days as it's getting the full PPF treatment before it is shipped to me.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been told the sports exhaust and the B&W sound system are mandatory and no longer options. Can anyone that ordered a new 720 in the last 6 months confirm this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are correct that the Sports Exhaust is now mandatory on all levels of the 720's. I have seen the 2019 price list and it is called out as such. The Gorilla Glass is still an option so I hope that they have fixed the issues. I am concerned about the AC so thanks for that heads up.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,159 Posts
I've been told the sports exhaust and the B&W sound system are mandatory and no longer options. Can anyone that ordered a new 720 in the last 6 months confirm this.
It probably makes sense, but I personally would not get the sports exhaust for 2 reasons, I like quiet, and I LOATHE the ISG that comes with the sports exhaust and is blessedly missing with the standard. I'm clearly in the minority though...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Someone I know ordered a 2019 model year back in April, and he was not forced to order the B/W or the sports exhaust system.
(He had mentioned to me that some dealerships are trying to 'persuade' people into spec-ing options that they do not want.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same just ordered and I didn’t take the sports exhaust.

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

·
Registered
5 Posts
You are correct that the Sports Exhaust is now mandatory on all levels of the 720's. I have seen the 2019 price list and it is called out as such. The Gorilla Glass is still an option so I hope that they have fixed the issues. I am concerned about the AC so thanks for that heads up.
Can anyone kindly share the 2019 price list? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
The MSO Defined Carbon Fiber active rear spoiler is now shown in the US configurator.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thinking about ordering MY19 720S in Australia. Is the Sports exhaust and BW stereo standard here as well? Wasn't planning on ordering them but they would be a nice bonus considering the car has gone up 10k for MY19. On the Au configurator the standard exhaust and standard stereo still appear but it's the same on the US configurator so that may not be indicative.

The price of the Gorilla Glass has gone up from $5900 here to over 8K so I'm not sure if that is due to a better product or as a way of cost recovery for when it breaks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered mine in July and although both the Sports exhaust and B & W 12-Speaker Audio System upgrade are now mandatory, there was the usual charge for them as well (I did ask if one could order without one or the other as was mentioned previously, but was firmly told one must order with both).

I have attached the 2019 Options price list.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ordered mine in July and although both the Sports exhaust and B & W 12-Speaker Audio System upgrade are now mandatory, there was the usual charge for them as well (I did ask if one could order without one or the other as was mentioned previously, but was firmly told one must order with both).

The last 2019 official price list that I saw was effective April 2, 2018 (and, it had all the price increases for MY2019); it had no mandatory options listed. Has McLaren Automotive issued a newer price list with new directives since then, or is this a dealer thing?
This sounds fishy.:(

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Track Pack is now an option in the USA configurator.

Track Pack

Lightweight 10-Spoke Forged Alloy Wheels, Carbon Fibre Racing Seats (Regular or Touring), Sports Exhaust, McLaren Track Telemetry (MTT) with Lap Time Function & Three Cameras, Black Alcantara Steering Wheel, MSO Defined Carbon Fibre Extended Gear Shift Paddles, MSO Defined Carbon Fibre Active Rear Spoiler, MSO Defined Titanium Racing Harness Bar, MSO Defined 6-Point Racing Harness

·
Registered
12 Posts
Atlantic Blue 720

I have been trying to get the list of options included in the Atlantic Blue 720 McLaren debuted at the Geneva Auto Show. To date MSO has not responded to requests from my McLaren dealer (Newport Beach). Has anyone else had issues getting MSO to reply? Does anyone have an email for a MSO person?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
42 Posts

Thank you for sharing. Is anyone else able to zoom in/see numbers? For whatever reason I cannot :(

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have been trying to get the list of options included in the Atlantic Blue 720 McLaren debuted at the Geneva Auto Show. To date MSO has not responded to requests from my McLaren dealer (Newport Beach). Has anyone else had issues getting MSO to reply? Does anyone have an email for a MSO person?

Thanks,

Gary
Strange I ordered that color through my dealer here in Germany without issues (car will arrive Q1 2019) ... regarding the Geneva car it had all the CF internal and external packs, plus MSO sills, MSO Aero Bridge, MSO CF Engine Cover, MSO CF diffusor and MSO Interior in 3 Colors (somewhere on the internet there was an exact name for the colors) ... but its called (MSO Bespoke Combine McLaren Approved Interior Materials) and MSO bespoke wheel finish titanium silver ... thats the options you won't necessarily find in the normal price list but the MSO one ...

·
Registered
1 Posts

Could you clarify what you mean by "now mandatory" on this? I don't understand the nature of the option being mandatory. Were you told you had to buy it? And if so, why? Perhaps they add something to potential resale, but I fail to understand why one would have to order this specifically. There are reasons to not, and if you want to do an aftermarket that is a strange policy as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not sure either why McLaren requires one to do this but it was redlined on the McLaren New Port Beach order form that they were "Mandatory Option With Any Spec". The dealer told me that I had to order both when I specifically asked--I didn't ask why as I wanted the B & W upgrade anyway and was equivocal about the Sport exhaust.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts