McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting this thread here as a placeholder. I started a similar one in the 570s section and the feedback I received was all positive and that it really helped potential buyers understand the ordering process, options, and costs. This time though, since I'm not in the market for a 720s, I'd like to ask for some help. I know price sheets and other data on the 720s have been posted in various threads, if folks have those documents, please post them here and I'll either link to them or attach them to this post. If you guys that are ordering the 720 have any advice for your fellow buyers, any 'gotchas' you've experience, or buying related questions and / or comments, please post them.

###############
# Info
###############

Attached to the post:
---> 720s coupe price list for 2017, US market: 720S_COUPE_Price_List_2017_US.pdf
---> 720s coupe MSO price list for 2017, US market: 720S_COUPE_MSO_Price_List_2017_US.pdf
---> 720s coupe price list for 2017, Uk market: 720S_COUPE_Price_List_2017_UK.pdf

New 720s colors: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mclarensanfrancisco/albums/72157678857259784

###############
# Updates:
###############

Updated (Jan 23, 2018) US pricelist: http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-720s/70633-720s-ordering-things-know-6.html#post1531354

-Jamie.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
For you value villains out there:

Luxury vs Base - you are paying +8k for fancy leather.
$11,430 Price difference from base
-$3,310 Electric & Heated Seats
$8,120 Fancy Leather

Performance vs Base - you are paying +2k for By McLaren Alcantara Interior.
$11,430 Price difference from base
-$9,550 Carbon Fiber Exterior Upgrade 1 + Primary Interior Components
$1,880 By McLaren Alcantara Interior

The Carbon Fiber Exterior packages are worth 15% in savings.
Exterior Package, MSRP, Package Cost, Savings
Upgrade 1: $8,070, $6,860, $1,210
Upgrade 2: $12,700, $10,790, $1,910
Upgrade 3: $5,380, $4,580, $800

5 Twin-Spoke Lightweight Wheel cannot be ordered in stealth. I tried. :crying:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I am going performance mainly due to the Meteor Grey finish....that needs to be figured in to the above numbers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
720S MSO Bespoke Price List (USA)

I'm putting this thread here as a placeholder. I started a similar one in the 570s section and the feedback I received was all positive and that it really helped potential buyers understand the ordering process, options, and costs.

###############
# Info
###############

Attached to the post:
---> 720s coupe price for 2017, US market: 720S_COUPE_Price_List_2017_US.pdf

New 720s colors: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mclarensanfrancisco/albums/72157678857259784

-Jamie.
Jamie, Here is the Bespoke Price list that was floating around. You might want to add this to the first post.

-Knor

Attachments

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,165 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to order the car with no carpeting. Id prefer just the bare carbon fiber for the tub. It would save weight, and it would be easier to keep tidy. There is some option to keep the bare carbon of the pillars visible and do without the alcantara covering, I wish they would same for the tub.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to order the car with no carpeting. Id prefer just the bare carbon fiber for the tub. It would save weight, and it would be easier to keep tidy. There is some option to keep the bare carbon of the pillars visible and do without the alcantara covering, I wish they would same for the tub.
I'm sure MSO would gladly have you pay for them to not add things in!

I feel the same way about the visual carbon fiber monocage II. Guess I'm paying them $6k to not add material.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well I am going performance mainly due to the Meteor Grey finish....that needs to be figured in to the above numbers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know the difference between Meteor Grey and Dark Paladium and Tungsten Slate? I was considering building up a base car (because I'm not sure I want the specific CF that comes with the Performance model). But I have no idea what Meteor Grey or Tungsten Slate look like.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Please note that the Meteor Grey finish is no longer available on the different 720 models .
They are all now all in Palladium Finish as per the new price list !!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Has anyone gone through the price list and figured out what the maximum cost would be if you picked every extra CF bit, top paint choice, and all options? Me, I'm a base-spec kinda guy, but maybe some CF interior bits. I don't need the exterior CF parts quite as much...that's for others to look at. I have to look at the interior, so that's where I'd go for extras. In any case, there sure are lots of combinations!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Supplier issue or Budget issue .
Like having Carbon Paddles which are extra on the 720S -- but standard on the 570S !!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Has anyone gone through the price list and figured out what the maximum cost would be if you picked every extra CF bit, top paint choice, and all options? Me, I'm a base-spec kinda guy, but maybe some CF interior bits. I don't need the exterior CF parts quite as much...that's for others to look at. I have to look at the interior, so that's where I'd go for extras. In any case, there sure are lots of combinations!
Yep I think I have come up with a figure for the max spec without duplicating things and it was £343,720 .

But this doesn't take into account the MSO options >:)

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
For the tinted carbon options, I have only seen red, green, and blue MSO samples. Can there be white or silver tinting to the carbon options of MSO? If so, would it cost the same as green, red, or blue? i.e. MSO Tinted Finish to all Exterior Carbon Options will be 8,500 USD, which I assume would be red, green, or blue. Would white tint be 8.5k USD as well? Thanks.

PS
Korea being a small market (Although being Asia's #3..), I think McLaren is a bit negligent on offering straight pricings to the dealer in Korea. Such a segregation/discrimination is annoying but it is what it is...For the hell of it, we do not even have the 720S pricing nor even a test (DOT/EPA) car has been in the country. We will probably begin testing the car in June, which would be the time for other area's launch vehicles are delivered. =(

1 - 20 of 146 Posts