McLaren Life banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own them both and both are spiders. They are both great performance cars with differing attributes. McLaren depreciation value I suspect will be worse.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've owned both at the same time and I think they are very different creatures. Yes the 720s is faster in every way but the 488 is a solid solid car and obviously previous generation tech. You can't go wrong with either and a Ferrari is a Ferrari. It has that special feeling for sure. Currently I have a pista and a 720s. 720s is faster and more usable everyday. But the Pista though slower does have more passion!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a Pista and a 720 and the moniker “A Ferrari is a Ferrari” literally means nothing. Love the Pista but 720 is a league of its own.

·
Owner
472 Posts
Special emotion from the Ferrari, something mclaren has yet to figure out imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can agree with that.
But Ferrari has about 50+ years of street experience on McLaren, and that is if you count the F1 as the first street car - because I don't think they had anything after that - so skip to 2012 for the MP and I think for 8 years in the market, they are actually doing pretty darn good. LOL.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had a 15' 458 coupe and could've gotten a 488 or a Pista coupe But choose and waited for the 720 spider. NO Regrets!!
While the 488 is a great car and hey it is a Ferrari! But if you put name brand aside the 720s kills it in performance and tech. The 488 is a 458 with turbo's Imo. The 488 will not have the build quality issues the 720s suffers from but Ferrari has been doing this for 60 years and Mac only 10 for street cars. Do your research and don't confuse reliability with build quality issues. My 720 has been just as reliable as my 458 but my 458. As many will tell you Mac's have a depreciating problem but if you make the right financial decision for you, you'll forget about the depreciation every time you drive it!

Looks are subjective but the 720s blew my mind when I first saw the pics online. My flattering comment in the Mclaren section should still be there and thats when I was in love with my 458!

I don't think you can go wrong with either one but I would've definitely regretted buying the 488 every time I saw a 720s pass by.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
61 - 70 of 70 Posts