McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a bird in the car, hope you figure it out. Vibrating whistle could be an air gap in a exhaust or intake maybe.
Thank you for your feedback sir. I am glad im not the only one who found this noise strange! I will relay your theory to my service advisor and update this thread accordingly just in case it becomes of help to anyone else

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe one of the valves that opens and closes air is stuck. If its coming from the HVAC, try changing all the settings like footwell and upper body on/off a bunch of times.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe one of the valves that opens and closes air is stuck. If its coming from the HVAC, try changing all the settings like footwell and upper body on/off a bunch of times.
Thank you again, I will follow your advise and update if that does the trick sir. If not then it will probably be a motor in the HVAC system I guess

·
Registered
143 Posts
I get that noise too! It sounds loud in your car. Very subtle but I notice it after sitting still after a long drive, like getting off the highway and onto a main road and waiting at a red light for example. Just one of the special oddities of the HVAC system I guess...

Reactions: taw6189

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get that noise too! It sounds loud in your car. Very subtle but I notice it after sitting still after a long drive, like getting off the highway and onto a main road and waiting at a red light for example. Just one of the special oddities of the HVAC system I guess...
I am planning on making my dealer look into it sir, I think you should do so too. The noise for me developed very recently (after 10k miles or so) and is not as loud as it is in the video during shorter drives. I fear it has something to do with a worn component in the HVAC system, the noise is never audible when the HVAC is off! I verified this by turning the HVAC off as soon as the noise starts and it went away the multiple times I checked. This oddity does not befit a car like the 720s but I am sure we can get it taken care of!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts