McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am having a issue on a clients 720s where when you lift of the throttle and then slam it back down the car misfires, hesitates and then after 2-3 seconds it gets going again.

As soon as this happens error code 14B871 is logged. The description is Fuel Pump 1 - PEM fault - Locked Rotor.

If anyone can advise on this issue and what has to be done please do let me know.

I have removed the fuel tank and found no dirt or anything out of the ordinary inside the tank. On first assumptions i thought to replace the fuel pump and fuel pump controller and see. But it is a costly replacement to try.

TIA

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi there,

I am having a issue on a clients 720s where when you lift of the throttle and then slam it back down the car misfires, hesitates and then after 2-3 seconds it gets going again.

As soon as this happens error code 14B871 is logged. The description is Fuel Pump 1 - PEM fault - Locked Rotor.

If anyone can advise on this issue and what has to be done please do let me know.

I have removed the fuel tank and found no dirt or anything out of the ordinary inside the tank. On first assumptions i thought to replace the fuel pump and fuel pump controller and see. But it is a costly replacement to try.

TIA
Is the car modified?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

So i managed to sort out the issue. We fit back the fuel tank and everything as is. We found that the fuel filler cap with the safety lock for the fuel station nozzle was lose. We removed it and fixed it back making sure it seated and locked well. Strangely enough this fixed it. I guess the charcoal filter was detecting some sort of pressure mismatch and causing the issue. We ran the car for 50+ km's twice and the issue is no longer there and no more codes were logged.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts