McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I want to change the color of the car from white to Papaya Spark (with film/vinyl wrap) but I’m afraid the temperature of the exhaust will damage/melt the film here:

Do you thinks it’s ok? Have you guys done that? No problem? Recommendations?

thank you so much guys! :)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
will bubble ... the PPF did on mine

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Chris, I have the same thing happened. How did you fix it? Cut the film farther away?
Did not fix it yet ... PPF guy will make the cut out larger when the car is kn for service next time ...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I guess the film does not like the heat from the exhaust.
yes thats the reason for the wave pattern ... for how many miles do you have the PPF already on the car ? yours looks much better than mine but I already have PPF on for 10.000km ...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Did any of you guys actually have the paint change color because of the heat? McLaren actually adjusted the angle of my exhaust tips upwards a bit and that seems to have solved the "burning paint" issue at least for now. Knock on wood. I also thought about having PPF installed in that area but I knew that this very issue would pop up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No change. Just clear bra. What you say - "adjust the angle of the exhaust tips upwards a bit " - is a great idea. I will ask the clear bra guy to see if he can do it today.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ya I had my PPF bubble there too. I simply asked them to cut that section out and I left an area there exposed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts