McLaren Life banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Apparently the exhausts outlets are in similar location but there are 4 of them on the LT which sounds a bit contradictory to saving weight.
you mean the Senna LM ? I thought the same

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
1,500 is a lot of cars that will probably have an average price of $500k. Tall order if you ask me.

Lambo is struggling to sell 1,700 SVJs, although it is more expensive - but has a V12.
My prediction is they'll claim every one is sold at the launch. Yet within 24 months, they'll depreciate at least 50%. Ask me how I know. ;)

Sorry Chris, being able to see the future is a tiresome affliction. :(

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
My prediction is they'll claim every one is sold at the launch. Yet within 24 months, they'll depreciate at least 50%. Ask me how I know. ;)

Sorry Chris, being able to see the future is a tiresome affliction. :(
50% in 24 is way too much even 675LT are still mostly around 60-65% of what the first owners paid ... and these are 3-5y old now ... other than that most is right I guess

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
50% in 24 is way too much even 675LT are still mostly around 60-65% of what the first owners paid ... and these are 3-5y old now ... other than that most is right I guess
I honestly hope you're right.

But this car is being launched into a Perfect Storm:

1. Depressed market conditions.

2. Too many units produced.

3. Priced too high.

4. Brutal depreciation of its immediate predecessors (675LT, 720).

5. Short shelf life as the must have car of the moment, even amongst just McLaren's line.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I honestly hope you're right.

But this car is being launched into a Perfect Storm:

1. Depressed market conditions.

2. Too many units produced.

3. Priced too high.

4. Brutal depreciation of its immediate predecessors (675LT, 720).

5. Short shelf life as the must have car of the moment, even amongst just McLaren's line.

I think demand is there ... I don't see dealers running around currently and asking who wants one bc they have an overflow of allocations (esp. not in the US) ... more the opposite by what some ppl who are confirmed to get one told me so far

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
4 straight cut in a row according to the tea lady

strange setup ... 2+2 with a gap in between like the F1 some 991 or BMW M3 would be ok but a row of 4 in the middle ???

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would assume demand is there as this should be the performance supercar of the year. The 720S already has a reputation as being a supercar killer. The LT version will be the next step and be attractive for the guy looking for complete performance car dominance without going into the $1mil range. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got today mail from dealer for the 7xxLt.
Accroding to Mclaren the power is between 720 and 790hp. The official hp is not yet confirmed, lots of rumors.
3 built slots will be for Q4 2020, the rest all for 2021 (for my dealer, total 14lts ar spoken for him).
720s will not be accepted as down payment for the 7xx lt, but i am pretty sur, dealers will help out there loyal customers, how should mclaren observe that..
Dealer want the pre contract to be signed in the next 10 days with the first payement.
Afterwards they confirme your buildslot at Woking. (dont know how it works in detail)
After geneva, presentation of the car, you can within 4 weeks, step out of the contract or confirme it and pay another 15% of the price of the 7xxLt.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
price is still unknown, official price at geneva in march. My guess in Usd around 400t base price. But my dealer is in europe, so i dont know what us dealers are doing
seems too high in todays market ... I guess its more in the range of 45-60k over base 720s for base 7XXLT all other is a invitation to not sell units as desired ...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I heard in the UK it will start at £280K so £300K odd with minimal options and go as high as you want
yes 320-340k Euro base here ... sounds right. Guess one will have some more costly MSO options as with 720s ... maybe some race designed liveries and even full cf ...

161 - 174 of 174 Posts