McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wonder if it will have some of the 720GT3 body styling/engine performance enhancements, although I do realize the GT3 is strictly a race car.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There is an extremely long line of people waiting for the LT verson of 720s.

At my dealer; they received about 25 675 LT's (coupe and spider combined). This time around they will receive less (more dealers). I'm guessing but probably 15 this time around. It'll probably take 4 brand new car purchases at MSRP to make the cut to get one at my dealer.

I was told to expect pricing to be in the $500K range.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Proper limited numbers car, unlike 600LT or even Pista. This car will be very heavily oversubscribed.

Having driven a 600LT Spider last week, I know I want a 765LT Spider....very very badly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thought about this more, here is what I would like to see:
  • 50+ HP
  • Louvered fenders
  • P1 roof scoop
  • P1 wing
  • S-duct
  • Better exhaust note
  • Fast nose lift (like Ford GT)
  • Android auto/Apple Carplay

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thought about this more, here is what I would like to see:
  • 50+ HP yes certainly (they will say its 30 or sth ...
  • Louvered fenders MSO option
  • P1 roof scoop maybe MSO option
  • P1 wing no but sth different
  • S-duct unlikely
  • Better exhaust note certainly with new shorter titanium exhaust
  • Fast nose lift (like Ford GT) No won't come
  • Android auto/Apple Carplay No will be same system as 720s

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Reactions: brezelpaul

·
Registered
98 Posts
How can McLaren improve upon the 720S' performance and not make the car too close to or faster than the Senna? That'd upset many many Senna VIP customers.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How can McLaren improve upon the 720S' performance and not make the car too close to or faster than the Senna? That'd upset many many Senna VIP customers.
Well the car will be 3 years newer ... btw. They will likely offer Senna owners a faster car sooner than later (after the speedster) and all will be good ...

Don’t think the Senna will get some protective sandbagging with future car releases, that would be against Mclarens competitive nature ... LaF and 918 also did not get this

·
Registered
385 Posts
It will have slightly less power than Senna, and will be heavier, and have less downforce.

So it can't outperform the Senna.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It will have slightly less power than Senna, and will be heavier, and have less downforce.

So it can't outperform the Senna.
The 720S is already giving the Senna trouble from a dig and if you add more power with less weight along w/ gripper tires, the Senna may not catch until well past 100 MPH and by then most stop light grand prix would've been over.

·
Registered
927 Posts
That specific test was a given. There is no Senna owners I know, that gives any thought to the fact the 720S is a little bit faster in a straight line. Take both cars to tracks that can exploit the downforce of a Senna im fairly confident the Senna will outpace it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The 720S is already giving the Senna trouble from a dig and if you add more power with less weight along w/ gripper tires, the Senna may not catch until well past 100 MPH and by then most stop light grand prix would've been over.

For the Traffic Light GP, the 720S will already beat the Senna. But as others have already said, that's not what the Senna is for.

After all, even a top end Tesla family car will beat both a 720S and Senna at the traffic light GP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 675LT’s were going for premiums initially, now they’re at 50% MSRP and falling because there is no buyer demand. 600LT’s were hyped, now dealers are sitting on multiple units of Coupe and Spiders with heavy discounts offered. Nearly every 675LT owner and most 720s owners are claiming all how bad they want a 7xxLT. No question, it will be a sick car with more carbon, more HP, a few less lbs, and a heavy price premium. The real question will be what makes you think it will not do what the 675LT and 600LT are proving to do when McLaren then comes out with the 800s. McLaren’s issue is McLaren - there cars are phenomenal, but they simply have no grasp on supply and demand and just keep pumping out cars. Ferrari’s approach going forward is more models but fewer units of each model, only time will tell how that works out for them. I want a 7xxLT too, but I’m just not sure my wallet does. The joy per dollar of depreciation just may not be worth it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 675LT’s were going for premiums initially, now they’re at 50% MSRP and falling because there is no buyer demand. 600LT’s were hyped, now dealers are sitting on multiple units of Coupe and Spiders with heavy discounts offered. Nearly every 675LT owner and most 720s owners are claiming all how bad they want a 7xxLT. No question, it will be a sick car with more carbon, more HP, a few less lbs, and a heavy price premium. The real question will be what makes you think it will not do what the 675LT and 600LT are proving to do when McLaren then comes out with the 800s. McLaren’s issue is McLaren - there cars are phenomenal, but they simply have no grasp on supply and demand and just keep pumping out cars. Ferrari’s approach going forward is more models but fewer units of each model, only time will tell how that works out for them. I want a 7xxLT too, but I’m just not sure my wallet does. The joy per dollar of depreciation just may not be worth it.
Mr Flewitt's musings that he would like to do what Porsche have done with the recent GT cars ie non numbered sounds like he really hasn't grasped it...... the mooted 750 units coupe and 750 units spider for the 7XXLT will likely prove to be too many from the depreciation perspective.
Those of us who have taken the new car 720S hit are being given first dibs on the 7XXLT but having spunked £100+K so far on the 720 it will take proper man maths to justify the LT.

21 - 40 of 338 Posts