McLaren Life banner

201 - 220 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
You buy a race cars it’s noisy, and the more weight you pull out it will be noisier. Some want it both was low weight, and quiet.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
You buy a race cars it’s noisy, and the more weight you pull out it will be noisier. Some want it both was low weight, and quiet.

Neither Senna not 765LT are race cars ... 570 GT4 and 720 GT3 are ... if they would be race cars you would not be allowed to drive them on streets, they would have zero sound insulation besides the one needed for technical reasons and they would certainly not have an entertainment system and so on ... btw the Senna owner who said that, according to his public information has more race car hours and milage than nearly anyone else here besides maybe Pro drivers ...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Neither Senna not 765LT are race cars ... 570 GT4 and 720 GT3 are ... if they would be race cars you would not be allowed to drive them on streets, they would have zero sound insulation besides the one needed for technical reasons and they would certainly not have an entertainment system and so on ... btw the Senna owner who said that, according to his public information has more race car hours and milage than nearly anyone else here besides maybe Pro drivers ...
Well let me rephrase they’re track cars, and designed as such ..........you can argue race cars and track cars are different as one is street legal if that’s your point. Also if these cars aren’t being tracked why the need to extract more weight and 700 HP plus to drive to the market:)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Well let me rephrase they’re track cars, and designed as such ..........you can argue race cars and track cars are different as one is street legal if that’s your point. Also if these cars aren’t being tracked why the need to extract more weight and 700 HP plus to drive to the market:)
:ROFLMAO: they don't as a Volvo would be great to drive to the market ... but that is not the fun part ;-)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Been following this thread and it appears the consensus is that the car will be revealed in Geneva so Im looking forward to seeing it. While I was 100% in favor for getting the LT and trading in my 720, the more I live with my 720, Im not so sure that I want to trade in the 720 other than to be the new hot car at Coffee and Cars. The 720 to me is a perfect blend of speed and comfort. Granted my mind may change but Im leaning towards not finalizing my allocation.

The fact that there are 145 600LT for sale and majority of them well under MSRP -doesnt help. I think if I can resist the urge not to spec my own car, Ill just pick up a used one if I change my mind later. I think I can resist the urge not to spec the car to my liking. I think......

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Been following this thread and it appears the consensus is that the car will be revealed in Geneva so Im looking forward to seeing it. While I was 100% in favor for getting the LT and trading in my 720, the more I live with my 720, Im not so sure that I want to trade in the 720 other than to be the new hot car at Coffee and Cars. The 720 to me is a perfect blend of speed and comfort. Granted my mind may change but Im leaning towards not finalizing my allocation.

The fact that there are 145 600LT for sale and majority of them well under MSRP -doesnt help. I think if I can resist the urge not to spec my own car, Ill just pick up a used one if I change my mind later. I think I can resist the urge not to spec the car to my liking. I think......
that’s the thinking we all have ... no question the 765LT will be a great car, but does it have any significant advantage over the 720s for ppl that don’t track regularly and secondly is it worth the 150-200k Upgrade cost ??? I don’t know ... need to see the car and really think about it, as I bought my 720s with the intention to keep it way longer than till the end of this year ...

·
Registered
278 Posts
that’s the thinking we all have ... no question the 765LT will be a great car, but does it have any significant advantage over the 720s for ppl that don’t track regularly and secondly is it worth the 150-200k Upgrade cost ??? I don’t know ... need to see the car and really think about it, as I bought my 720s with the intention to keep it way longer than till the end of this year ...
Yup. Im torn.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don’t own a 720, but it was my car of choice until I found the right 675LT. I looked at several factors, one I do track my cars moderately because I can’t get arrested. It kills the speed itch, and I do drive around town mainly weekends with cat friends. (Just have to be careful too much speed for the streets)

So the 675LT is super fast for me, and my RS I drive harder on the track and it’s the right amount of speed vs the LT at the limit it too fast for me.

For me if not using on a track I don’t need more power or less weight which is senseless for me when 100% is street driving. But, always buy the car you want and not what the dealer is trying to upgrade you too. When I got my RS for MSRP, people were paying 150k over as they thought it’s the last NA duh. No you can buy the car 10k back of MSRP which is good, and the hype is over. So many cars are being produced each year something new will be out, and I laugh when you see car 100% clear bra, radar system for sale with 1500 miles. It’s like the new Xmas toy and hat got old. Be safe out there guys.

·
Registered
278 Posts
100% being released at Geneva along with another car ;)
another car?? Serious? Well this is just getting a bit ridiculous. Not that the 145 unsold 600lt shouldn’t deter them from putting another model out there. Nor the unsold GTs. Man I love McLaren but this is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
another car?? Serious? Well this is just getting a bit ridiculous. Not that the 145 unsold 600lt shouldn’t deter them from putting another model out there. Nor the unsold GTs. Man I love McLaren but this is just ridiculous.
Rumors say it’s the long awaited 570s replacement - hybrid v6 probably around 650-680hp and a bit heavier than the current 570s but not excessive

·
Registered
146 Posts
So, 7xx LT will be released at Geneva.
Have received yesterday a confirmation letter from my local dealer with the offer of a pre-contract to get at McLaren at the Customer Reservation List.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
any word on pricing?
My dealer said (hearsay) that he does not expect it to be more percentage wise than the difference between 650 and 675LT was (about 15-18% over 720s) ...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
So less than 400k? Cool ty. Still on the fence about it....
only his idea about pricing ... but with the current market I guess they can hardly ask more

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
So less than 400k? Cool ty. Still on the fence about it....
Realistically it’s also very much dependent what is included in the package ... Senna seats could be a no cost option or not, same for nearly all cf stuff, so there is room ... I expect a good options car (85-90k Euro in options) to cost around 430-435k euro

·
Registered
278 Posts
If I do it, it would have to be with the roof scoop. But then that also means you have a bunch of carbon which frankly I don’t really want. It’s over done. I’d do a kick ass paint job and a roof scoop and that’s it. But likely you will have to spec it over the top to get the scoop.

201 - 220 of 292 Posts