McLaren Life banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very impressive by the 720. It puts down all that power well. Wouldn't have expected it to keep up.

The h2 is not the fastest bike. The h2r is which has 300hp stock. This guy claims his modded h2 has 230 which certainly should beat nearly any car on the road. A stock h2 is not any faster than most other liter bikes due to it being 100lbs heavier. Once you mod them however they are certainly in a league of their own.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Reminds me of my biking days and how I am happy, years later, to have survived.

Much rather have 4 wheels under me than 2...

·
Sponsor
924 Posts
Hmmm....Reminds me of the Supra days of 20 years ago!

New Era of Dominance by McLarens of all generations. It appears that 4 liters does wonders. I have a short block rebuild with 4 liters, LOL!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
when it comes to street legal bikes, then the new Superleggera is a clear winner. It comes with a 234 HP engine and it has the best power to weight ratio among litre-class bikes. I don't think any other litre-class supersport would come close to the new Superleggera in terms of acceleration as well, but it also cost bonkers. I am not sure about the top-end or straight-line long runs cause the Ducati V4 speed starts blinking after it breaches the 299 km/h marks. But it is still crowned as the fastest street-legal sports bike by a lot of automotive sites. (source: https://www.mototechindia.com/fastest-bikes-in-the-world/

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
84 Posts
It says H2 but me thinks it is the H2R, no?

·
Vendor
“I’m a Tuner”
1,059 Posts
Too Funny! Just watched the video and it was shot just minutes from my shop (in Mexico of course)

I know that 720S well, and since the video was made, the 720S has been upgraded heavily and should easily beat the bike in the same race.

Thanks for posting the video! It was fun to watch... Just watching gets the adrenaline pumping :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Explorer ST, 2018 Merc, in search of money for a 12C...
175 Posts
Too Funny! Just watched the video and it was shot just minutes from my shop (in Mexico of course)

I know that 720S well, and since the video was made, the 720S has been upgraded heavily and should easily beat the bike in the same race.

Thanks for posting the video! It was fun to watch... Just watching gets the adrenaline pumping :cool:
As a motorcycle racer, I always say that the car beats the rider, not the bike. Modern sportbikes are so much more capable than 85% of the people riding them it is no wonder so many lose to cars, and it gives bikes a bad name IMO.

When I still had my bikes, and an old friend of mine had his bikes, I was always willing to line up against any car, and I can honestly say I never lost to one.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,522 Posts
As a motorcycle racer, I always say that the car beats the rider, not the bike. Modern sportbikes are so much more capable than 85% of the people riding them it is no wonder so many lose to cars, and it gives bikes a bad name IMO.

When I still had my bikes, and an old friend of mine had his bikes, I was always willing to line up against any car, and I can honestly say I never lost to one.
Bikes ALMOST have a power-to-weight advantage over cars.

They would if you could discount the weight of the gigantic balls one must have in getting the most performance out of them!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bikes ALMOST have a power-to-weight advantage over cars.

They would if you could discount the weight of the gigantic balls one must have in getting the most performance out of them!
Lol... Thanks?

Anyway, I think a stock 765LT and a stock 1000cc bike would be a great drag race honestly. The 765LT will more than likely pull ahead above 140 or so, but with a good rider the 1/4 mile will be about dead even.

However, when I was seriously racing a lot in Mexico, my friend and I had multiple bikes depending on the HP of the car we were going against. Between the two of us, we had a stock 1000, a built all-motor 1000 that made 217rwhp, a built all-motor Busa that made 240rwhp, a turbo 1000 that made 325rwhp, and a turbo Busa that made 600+rwhp for when the UGR Lambos came to play.

And that was just for straight line stuff. We would also do timed money runs on a road that was 29 miles long, and whomever made it from point A to point B the fastest won. My road race bikes were always the best for that. I had a superstock built 1000 that made 185rwhp, Öhlins suspension front & rear, Dunlop DOT race tires, Brembo brakes, etc...

I definitely miss those days, but I am very thankful to be alive after all the dumb shit I did!

·
Registered
84 Posts
What folks don't realize is that the rider has to contend with keeping the front end somewhat down and in control while attempting to apply as much throttle as possible. So from a dig a high HP car usually wins in the short run (1/4 mile)... A rolling start only helps so much unless the bike has wheelie control... My Duc S4RS was IMPOSSIBLE to keep down with any sort of serious throttle appliction. BST Carbon Wheels didn't help the issue! I was riding the rear brake all the time and that kills drive in a drag race.... Still for comparison, it was a 9.98sec/ 1/4mile animal!!

Reactions: Anthony D

·
Registered
175 Posts
What folks don't realize is that the rider has to contend with keeping the front end somewhat down and in control while attempting to apply as much throttle as possible. So from a dig a high HP car usually wins in the short run (1/4 mile)... A rolling start only helps so much unless the bike has wheelie control... My Duc S4RS was IMPOSSIBLE to keep down with any sort of serious throttle appliction. BST Carbon Wheels didn't help the issue! I was riding the rear brake all the time and that kills drive in a drag race.... Still for comparison, it was a 9.98sec/ 1/4mile animal!!
9.98 isn't too shabby on a Duc, nice work!

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
And "work" it was to get those times.... :oops:
Oh, I'm sure it was!!! I took my road race bike to the drag strip a few times to work on getting a better start, and that was really tough since most road race bikes actually get raised in height, which is the opppsite of what you want for drag racing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts