McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Collective
Ive been offered an OEM carbon armadillo cover for my 720 Spider but its off a coupe.
Is there any difference?
Hope someone can help.

2,537 Posts
That is correct, we offer both for the Coupe and Spider. When swapping the engine cover for the coupe you usuallly want to swap the deck as well.

Here is the Spider Engine Cover we offer, this is the actual part and is
9E746775-CD6C-4B00-AF61-8BFE58F9BF95.jpeg
0C624759-7909-49C5-9850-25329B2BBFEE.jpeg
a perfect match to the OEM carbon weave.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks cool, obvious questions, how much is it, do you ship to the uk, and can you guarantee same robustness as OEM. I bought one for my 12C that was non OEM and its turning brown as it cant cope with the engine heat............

2,537 Posts
looks cool, obvious questions, how much is it, do you ship to the uk, and can you guarantee same robustness as OEM. I bought one for my 12C that was non OEM and its turning brown as it cant cope with the engine heat............
Of course, I too experienced the “Blistering“ when we were testing after market offerings on the Non OEM Exhaust Circumference as they were called for the 12C. The used poor res is and the clear coat was not up to handling the consistent heat disperson.

To answer your question on our unit(s), Yes, we use the same methods of manufacturing as the EOM part, zero issues with discoloring or blistering. Those photos above are from my own 720S Spider and a customer’s 720S Spider he sent photos of, 4K miles in Florida heat, zero issues.

Per pricing, the OEM carbon unit is $5,700.00, I can offer you ours at $3,200.00 plus shipping which should be too much going to the UK as I have shipped them all over Europe already.

Feel free to PM me your shipping address and I will get you a proper shipping quote, I have 2 in stock ready to ship.

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i can vouch for David... very happy when i ordered. got carbon fiber paddles from him and top notch. looks oem.

2,537 Posts
i can vouch for David... very happy when i ordered. got carbon fiber paddles from him and top notch. looks oem.
Thank you very much for that nod my friend. Yes, our 720S Spider engine covers match The factory carbon perfectly with zero heat issues. We, unlike the factory offering add high temp heat shielding to each unit prior to shipment to add yet another layer of protection from any heat dispersion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course, I too experienced the “Blistering“ when we were testing after market offerings on the Non OEM Exhaust Circumference as they were called for the 12C. The used poor res is and the clear coat was not up to handling the consistent heat disperson.

To answer your question on our unit(s), Yes, we use the same methods of manufacturing as the EOM part, zero issues with discoloring or blistering. Those photos above are from my own 720S Spider and a customer’s 720S Spider he sent photos of, 4K miles in Florida heat, zero issues.

Per pricing, the OEM carbon unit is $5,700.00, I can offer you ours at $3,200.00 plus shipping which should be too much going to the UK as I have shipped them all over Europe already.

Feel free to PM me your shipping address and I will get you a proper shipping quote, I have 2 in stock ready to ship.

Cheers,
David

Thanks a lot for that - what are these like to change - how long should it take me? is it difficult? , Cheers,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts