McLaren Life banner
321 - 340 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Curious how you make them work, as I'm similar size. You have enough leg room? Also, they look pretty narrow?
Honestly…it’s downright roomy compared to my other cars. In order of best fit to worst fit:

765LT
Pista
05 Ford GT
17 Dodge Viper ACR

I had the McLaren technician tilt the seat back slightly, so they aren’t quite so straight up. That gave me a little more headroom. Also, I had the Touring pads removed from the Senna seats. It’s tight, but comfortable, and I find the Senna seats iconic to the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cadster - is your 812 a GTS? I heard might be a bit tight for taller folks. Was considering one, as some come up, just haven't sat in one yet.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cadster - is your 812 a GTS? I heard might be a bit tight for taller folks. Was considering one, as some come up, just haven't sat in one yet.
My 812 is a SF, but I have a GTS on order. The ETA is summer 2023. I’m nervous about fitting, as I have never sat in one before. I am going with racing seats, which picks up a little extra space. I am trusting my uncanny ability for forgo comfort in favor of fit. I figure if I can fit into that damn Viper, I can fit into GTS…

·
Registered
727 Posts
My 812 is a SF, but I have a GTS on order. The ETA is summer 2023. I’m nervous about fitting, as I have never sat in one before. I am going with racing seats, which picks up a little extra space. I am trusting my uncanny ability for forgo comfort in favor of fit. I figure if I can fit into that damn Viper, I can fit into GTS…
If you can squeeze your big ass in the car, you’re driving it. There’s no exceptions to this rule.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
it doesn't have a roof! Of course you can fit ;-)

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,843 Posts

JUST SILLY! Charlotte is asking $700,000 for most of their 8 765s. None of them is selling at this price though.

So will 765LT Spiders have an asking price of ONE MILLION DOLLARS??? :)

Forehead Jaw Gesture Font Happy

·
Registered
831 Posts
A few weeks ago there were 23 765 for sale. Earlier today there were 14. Car are moving at these prices and yes- the first spider to go on sale may be listed for a million in this crazy stupid market.
except they are not at “those” prices. Charlotte had my old car down to 569k and couldn't move it. They jacked it up to 679k to try and drive up the pricing. They ”are” selling at 75-100k over msrp but not much than that.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
except they are not at “those” prices. Charlotte had my old car down to 569k and couldn't move it. They jacked it up to 679k to try and drive up the pricing. They ”are” selling at 75-100k over msrp but not much than that.
I don know the transaction prices of the cars that are selling but all im saying is that cars are moving. The market (especially for desirable specs) is certainly there. Dont know what the future holds. It all may come crashing down any day.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don know the transaction prices of the cars that are selling but all im saying is that cars are moving. The market (especially for desirable specs) is certainly there. Dont know what the future holds. It all may come crashing down any day.
The cars in the high 400s and low 500s are the ones that are moving, regardless of spec. The ones above that are just sitting, For the most part. If you take a look at what’s been on the market all the lower priced ones are gone. The market is there for almost every car. I see that some dealerships are charging 15k over for Honda civics, and selling them at that price. I’m not sure anyone could have ever imagined that a Kia Telluride would ever sell for over msrp. I think we have at least a solid year before prices drop. Back to the 765, Historically when a spider model is released the coupes have a slight drop in price so I’m interested to see what happens as they get more 765lt spiders released. Either way it is an amazing car

·
Registered
831 Posts
I know of two 765s that have sold for $215k and $225k over MSRP in the last two weeks just FYI for all the people saying they haven’t been selling high.
It’s funny as the 4 I know of that have sold in the last 30 days not a single one sold for more than 125k. I guess unless we actually see the paperwork who knows what the actual price was. People do tend to exaggerate what they got for their cars.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I don’t see a rise in interest rates causing a concern for 500K cars. I’m sure most us just execute a bank wire.
Even if someone was financing I don’t think many are doing the whole nut. The cheapest rates usually stop at 100K.
Agree. Rise in interest rates is going to affect the folks who are stretching to buy a 180k Porsche GT3. Not someone who is going to buy a 500k Spider.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am entertaining the idea of selling my 765LT coupe (~usd 460k msrp) and my 675LT coupe (~usd 410k msrp). ~1500 miles on both. If you are seriously interested or know someone that is, please DM me.

321 - 340 of 351 Posts