McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlotte Mclaren has three 765LT's that now are listed at $700k, crazy! The 765 just keeps going up and up in prices. It sure is great news for Mclaren since this is their first non hypercar (even though the 765 has hypercar levels of performance) that has increased in value substantially. Shoot at this rate they will be getting close to $1 million soon! People realize how special this car truly is, going to go down as one of the all time GOATS!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with that
I have personally have never bought or sold a car with Charlotte. But Unmac who is probably the #1 most reliable person for Mclaren info on this forum has stated that Charlotte has been selling 765’s very close to their asking prices.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's one near me that's been for sale for $200k less than that for some time now.....
Maybe it has an accident or something fishy about it? Not sure why they would be asking such a drastic difference in price. Brooks from Dragtimes 765 green coupe is listed for sale for $599k online and he claims it was the lowest MSRP 765 produced haha.

·
Registered
842 Posts
They are listed high and will drop slowly over the next few weeks. The ones that have sold are going for about 120-150 over msrp. If you notice my Burton Blue is there (not on consignment as they own it now). They strategically price them high as they have the most inventory and are trying to control the market.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are listed high and will drop slowly over the next few weeks. The ones that have sold are going for about 120-150 over msrp. If you notice my Burton Blue is there (not on consignment as they own it now). They strategically price them high as they have the most inventory and are trying to control the market.
Your 765 is my favorite looking one they have for sale by the way!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Isn’t this the same dealer that was asking $800k for a GT Black Series? I suspect they do this in part to generate controversy and exposure on social media.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Charlotte for the most part has been getting the highest prices on re-sale. They are cornering the market and fixing the price. However, sometimes there are trades involved. They give higher on trades which makes people more comfortable on buying higher price cars.

I know a number of people who have sold via brokers, which moved onto re-sellers, franchised dealers and then cars that bounced around from re-sellers and finally sold. Brokers/re-sellers have been holding firm even if it took 5 to 7 months to sell the cars (and they are selling within $20K of asking price). 3 of them sold this week (non charlotte - to followers of mine on i/g and they were $80K-$120K over MSRP.

There has been significant movement and sales in the last two months.

i saw one that bounced around from 3 re-sellers over the last 5 months and listed for $180K over MSRP at Charlotte and it sold within one week of getting to Charlotte. Another one where it was traded in for another car and then sold within a week for close to $600K.

Mclaren dealers/re-sellers have their own book of customers who do not peruse autotrader/cargurus, etc., and they just call those customers and the cars will get bought very quickly. Whichever dealers/resellers have the biggest customer base gets the fastest and highest prices from what I'm seeing.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Tactical Fleet just sold their volcano yellow car which was in their Charlotte showroom and was listed at around $500k. I don't think I've ever lusted after a car as much as that one. If I had babies to sell, I would have done it!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Charlotte for the most part has been getting the highest prices on re-sale. They are cornering the market and fixing the price. However, sometimes there are trades involved. They give higher on trades which makes people more comfortable on buying higher price cars.

I know a number of people who have sold via brokers, which moved onto re-sellers, franchised dealers and then cars that bounced around from re-sellers and finally sold. Brokers/re-sellers have been holding firm even if it took 5 to 7 months to sell the cars (and they are selling within $20K of asking price). 3 of them sold this week (non charlotte - to followers of mine on i/g and they were $80K-$120K over MSRP.

There has been significant movement and sales in the last two months.

i saw one that bounced around from 3 re-sellers over the last 5 months and listed for $180K over MSRP at Charlotte and it sold within one week of getting to Charlotte. Another one where it was traded in for another car and then sold within a week for close to $600K.

Mclaren dealers/re-sellers have their own book of customers who do not peruse autotrader/cargurus, etc., and they just call those customers and the cars will get bought very quickly. Whichever dealers/resellers have the biggest customer base gets the fastest and highest prices from what I'm seeing.
That is 100% accurate. They typically sell about 200 cars a month and they move a car in about 45 days due to their wide client base. Btw, they were great to work with.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Tactical Fleet just sold their volcano yellow car which was in their Charlotte showroom and was listed at around $500k. I don't think I've ever lusted after a car as much as that one. If I had babies to sell, I would have done it!
that buyer will be on track with us in two weeks at laguna Seca

·
Registered
23 Posts
The pricing is in line with pricing on everything else right now is it not? Which is high across the board. If supply for cars in general ever gets back on track I would expect used prices to come way down per the norm. The 675lt prices are up right now too but still well below original MSRPs in most cases. I expect that will also be case for the 765lt when it becomes a 5 year old car. It’s a great time to sell not a good time to buy at all.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Charlotte Mclaren has three 765LT's that now are listed at $700k, crazy! The 765 just keeps going up and up in prices. It sure is great news for Mclaren since this is their first non hypercar (even though the 765 has hypercar levels of performance) that has increased in value substantially.
The 675LTs sold for substantially over list for many months until McLaren ruined the market by producing the idiotic 675LT Spider.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
that buyer will be on track with us in two weeks at laguna Seca
Damn. He's one lucky SOB! I sat in that car while it was idling, never got to actually ride in it. I also talked to the PO, and I know people who know the original buyer, who I believe never actually took possession of it. The paint was some sort of special order.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The pricing is in line with pricing on everything else right now is it not? Which is high across the board. If supply for cars in general ever gets back on track I would expect used prices to come way down per the norm. The 675lt prices are up right now too but still well below original MSRPs in most cases. I expect that will also be case for the 765lt when it becomes a 5 year old car. It’s a great time to sell not a good time to buy at all.
I just sold my 951 for 2.5x what I paid for it in 2005.

·
Registered
327 Posts
As an owner of a 675LT spider and a 765LT spider shortly, the 675 price chart won’t be the same as the 765LT. My prediction is that the 765LT will hold very well or better. The 675 will continue to rise.

As with all cars like this, it is highly spec dependent. Right colors and options, no stories will always do well.

The idiotic spider does better than coupe 675, outside of roof scoops.

2012 MP4-12C
2,061 Posts
Asking isn't the same as selling. You can also get more if you offer "free" things like transport.

1 - 20 of 407 Posts